*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037341-25th-smoky-week-of-the-suffering-year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1037341 added September 13, 2022 at 7:56pm
Restrictions: None
25th smoky week of the suffering year.
Thailand:"Thailand planning 2022

11 september


43 degrees and an AQI of 92 this morning. My skin, eyes, nose and throat complain.

Lost an update to this entry. Chromebook issues => closing tabs. Poor connectivity.

I'd like to pick up eggs and oil but I'm not venturing out until the air is breathable.

Thought: could I write a sci-fi travel book? "One with the Rock" with a species that can swim through rock better than I swim through water (I float or sink; I do not swim.). It's a bit tricky and accidents do happen. Many choose to become 'one with the rock' when life is no longer has a viable path forward. Me? living in a place where stone walls don't keep anyone out would take some getting use to. Can wood be swam through? Can certain guards be set (fragrance, magnetic, electrical, chemical...)? If the species is no smarter than humans then ways to protect privacy and limit access will have been found... and ways to get around that protection as well. I'd have to go around, over, under and find a door. One way to keep me out would be 'no door' *Worry*.


Closing tabs:

Zelenskyy's "Without You" speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl11Ek5oO20
Sexuality: https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-first-movie-to-use-the-word-homosexual...
Travel: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/ive-been-on-110-cruises-here-are-6-of-my-f...
Rights: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-christian-school-in-florida-told-parents-tha...
Religion: https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/relationships/dear-mormons-in-a-faith-crisis...
Sexuality: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/woman-realises-she-s-gay-at-35-so-ditches-...
Travel: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/the-best-villages-in-the-world-for-si...
Travel: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/bordering-on-the-ridiculous-the-world...
Movie trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9sr5wVkik
Travel: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/sg/japan-travel-planner/niigata/0000003.html

To Roseille: "Yes, I like this.

... and water is 'midori' ... green?

Do they use 'ao' for the light. I never asked when I visited... 7 years ago... already?

Yes, I've heard of the internet cafes where one can spend the night. My friend Hiroki is in Europe these days. He somehow escaped.

But Tokyo? Better in the rice-fields of Niigata bent over? Gazing at the clouds in the 'water mirrors'.

It's a lovely piece."


AQI over 150. The sky is white. As death descends from above to shroud us. (at 5-ish) 69 degrees at 8:30. It was forecast to reach 90; I doubt that it got up to 80. Thick haze all day long. AQI of 169 (unhealthy) at the moment. I need <100.

It's so hard to unwrap myself of the unhappiness that has kept me warm for so long.

10 september


40 degrees at 7:43. Cold.


Another tooth is loose. I'm not happy. In bed early so I was up during the night as well. Not feeling great.

A quarter till noon and warming up. 58 degrees. Will be nice for the football game. South Dakota visits.

I told Cathy Mae that I'm not doing well. There's nothing she can do but... kindness matters.

Scored! a honeydew? *Golucky* and a cantaloupe. A raspberry pastry, white corn and yellow peaches. And ground goat meat. *Zodiaccapricorn*

A bit shaky... not bad but I saw the waves in my coffee, the swirls from the cream... my future staring back at me, waving Fate's fickle finger..


What I posted at YCC: "Politics are relevant. The only major storm now is threatening Taiwan and possibly headed towards Shanghai. I can assure you that both countries are monitoring the weather. China has had a rough year weather-wise. And that's not mentioning covid.

Climate change is highly political. As is whether or how we respond to weather diasasters. The War in Ukraine has affected the agriculture and shipping throughout the region. People starve during and after wars. And severe drought elsewhere has threatened the global food supply.

Charles III may be more inclined to promote environmental awareness. In the USA there are those who oppose any alternatives to the fuel industry destroying everything.

Politics is VERY relevant to climate and weather issues. To me, everything in interconnected."

And: "I don't doubt the chaos that may come with climate change. Nor do I deny the effects of warming in certain areas. My degree is in Biology. I've lived in Costa Rica where farmers understand that they need to change crops due to the change in climatic conditions. Few deniers there.

But... does an anti-science White American Suburbanite attending a MegaChurch every Sunday understand this? People-of-color are already suffering from decisions made my mostly Older White Men who belive in money and power. As long as Pakistanis are dying do they care?

But how many scientists here and elsewhere think of it as only a rational scientific problem, denying how it's affected by cultural, religious, political issues like class and racism? Until the public (especially the Bible quoters) understands that they need Science I am pessimistic.

One fault with the above... there's nothing positive mentioned. A warming moister weather pattern may promote a return to savannah in the Sahara and large parts of the north may become conducive to agriculture. But chaos... brings war due to migration and lack of food."

And: "Beyond $$$ it's really hard to make people leave their comfort zone. I hang with old folks in God's Waiting Room. Many are just interested in being comfortable. Thinking hurts and so does making sacrifices or any change in thier behaviour. As for young people... those concerned feel stimied. Think how Greta is treated by Gen X. Yes, the party is over but like the movie Sixth Sense, some don't know that they're already dead. "


Only 75 degrees at minutes before 5 pm. Still a lovely day. U Montana wins football game 24-7 over South Dakota. Does it matter? The locals are happier after a win.{c}

I came across some drama here at WDC. I'm staying out of it because I don't have time to find out what's really going on. Plus, I'm 'on hiatus' to avoid drama. Others will have to negotiate or sort it out.

Short discussion with Laxmi today about how the seniors we know are 'shallow'. It was nice to hear that from someone else.

I feel that way here at WDC as well.


9/9


48 degrees at 10 with a forecast of cool temps and a brisk NE breeze. AQI is 58... a good sign.

Even with the end of the Second Age of Elizabeth, Trump still garners headlines. Long live Charles III.

Too much sleep? Coffee should help. A shower seems to have helped. Cool sunshine invading my space should help. The slant of the sun reaches in with his soothing tendrils, lights my shoulders, brightens the day for the flowers set back from the window that've waited for his return.

Gasoline down to $3.89/gallon.

Ate lunch alone and then joined friends.

George gave me milk for lunch that I brought home so I could eat me raisin bran later. This evening I'll bake the pork I have marinating in beer. I don't drink alcohol but beer-batter and beer-brats come to mind. The alcohol will steam off while cooking.

Baking three pieces (about one pound total) at 250°F. Turned the pieces over and put bacon on top. I find beer-smell nauseating but the fan is going. I used a local beer. Have no idea why I had a bottle of it.


Very pleasant day here. Blue-ish skies and the air is breathable. 66 degrees at 3:03.
68°F at 5:15. *HeartY* AQI 71.


Pork is done. I ate some. Turned out okay but not as great as last time.

Wrote some. I may be able to enter a couple contests this month. The Big One though... not even one comment or acknowledgement that I entered in July. *Sad* So far, I'm not inspired by the quote, other than to vent about my 3rd semester in college... what a hoot that was! NOT. Maybe just venting and sharing will help even if it's not acknowledged. More stuff for Secondtime Around...

Friends went to a free Japanese movie tonight. I'm not motivated to do anything.

After Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNnGl_unNo8

KE: I've never died before, so I couldn't tell you what that would be like. And now that I'm dead I hesitate. No, there's nothing to fear; but... perhaps you should wait a while and live to the fullest until that moment comes. It comes to us all, y'know. There's comfort in that, and focusing on living each moment prepares us. One hint: take care of the mirror of your soul. Everything else is mere details and dross."

An internet comment from a Christian: "I hope at some point in his training he received discipleship that would help him relate to his siblings in Christ in ways that are more biblical than Victorian, more Pauline than pornified and more Christ-like than cultural."

8 september


69 degrees at 10-ish. It'll only be in the 70s today. AQI of 72 is moderate but doable. Still hazy.

Breakfast of the early-waker and late-raiser: chocolate cake and coffee.

Interesting dream this morning. A gentle twist on a usual nightmare.

I'm not doing well mentally.

Pulled pork. Bought two lunches and shared with Angie and Billie Jo.

73 at 4-ish which is great! But very smoky and AQI over 150 = stay inside.


Queen Elizabeth II dies (1926-2022). My mother almost outlived her (1922-2022). There has never been another British monarch in my lifetime.

7 september


61 at 8:10. AQI is 118 this morning = hazardous to sensitive groups. Today is grocery day... will I venture out?

I wish... a lot of things. Catching up on the news. Orioles had a great game yesterday and Odor had the slide of the year. Gnus = same-o-same-o.

Lasagna... but couldn't eat the gyro-kale soup. Broth was good.

Sat with Merry and then Laxmi. Merry gave me cans of beans.

Met Kent from Kansas who was working on one of the computers.

Wish I were in Kansas. *Heartg*

Should I write a book of poetry for students of limnology? "Lotic: the non-erotic system of water running away from you in a stream." Got an old textbook of limnology down from the shelf. *Wave1*

"You! Yes, you, blowing smoke in my face, slashing the windows with merely a drop. False hope that I'll be able to breathe with your gift of a breeze. O wandering witchery. O west wind." *Wind*

Strong gusts blowing the dust around. My eyes sting.


88 degrees and 144 AQI just before 4 pm. Now 81 degrees at Ten till Six. AQI down to 93. Forecast to cool down tonight, tomorrow and Friday. *Smile* Ventured out. 78 calm degrees and 74 AQI (moderate) at 7:30 pm.

Market: Spent exactly $20. Got cake mix because I can bake with the cooler temps coming in. Plus... I'm having a craving for chocolate. Forgot to get oil but I bought 2 lb. of butter. In a better mood now. *Cake*

6 september


52 degrees at 8 till 8 in the a.m. Very dry inside. Heavy haze. Says 90 AQI but it feels worse.

Can't type this morning. Eyes hurt. After 2 days stuck inside I'm planning to get out if there's someplace to go.

Went to bed early last night so I woke up very early and finally decided to get up.

Meatloaf and very good green beans at God's Waiting Room. Sat with the usual suspects.

Did more research on flights.


86 degrees at 3:40 but an AQI of 106. Not good. may be stuck at home. 5:05... an AQI of 139... def not going out. Means I can't get peaches. 🍑 AQI now 158. *Worry* To explain to those who are scratching their head: this side of own closes early. There's basically nowhere to go after 6. Plus... if there were I'd have to walk there. Understand?

There are times I just want to crawl under a rock.

Saw Julian. Gave them Lavinia's copy of "This and every November" that she returned to me before she died. Plus, I was able to pay them for the sugar. 🤎


Gervic's Candle: I would weep for you if I could, wax melting, my luscious lavender filling the air. I would gladly give my life to light your way. Trim my wick! Find a match! I'm waiting to brighten your day. Inhale my fragrant gift.

To Dobby at YCC re proper word for forecast/forecasted and AP style: "The problem is this: there are many Englishes around the world and grammarians can be gatekeepers for the elite (American or British or...). Corporate-speak is one such elite dialect as is legalese. Although useful for clarification, these dialects also are abused for power and control. For the rest of us communication is key. As a poet and writer I don't correct other people's honest efforts to connect."

5 september


140 AQI at 5 am, now 118 at 8. My nose, my mouth, my essence... parched. 53 degrees outside. Can't go outside.


Very difficult to breathe. Nowhere to go on a day when many places are closed. The coughing and sneezing...

Took a nap. Not bad, not good. Ate white-corn off the cob, white rice (paella-spiced) with brown oyster mushrooms, a white peach.

Feeling okay. 81 degrees at 2:30. Nice, but AQI of 127... not healthy. AQI of 101 at 4:20. I was waiting for it to go below 100 to risk going out.

8:35 75 degrees and 35 AQI (good). I have door open, fan going. Expect it to cool off inside as temps will go down into the 50s. Hope smoke doesn't build back in.

I've caught up with "ViceVersa". Latest episode was 'cloudy grey'. The choice of color does set a mood. Almost caught up with "Eclipse". Very edgy drama, dark with excellent acting.

Added bacon and eggs to my left over rice. Wise choice.

68 degrees at 10 pm. Hopefully not so hard to sleep tonight. It's been a brutal end of summer.


Gnus: "Then the Republican Senate Committee, in particular, has what I call a GOP problem: Georgia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania," he quipped." I thought this witty.

6041

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037341-25th-smoky-week-of-the-suffering-year