*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037761-What-Doesnt-ShineLights-Me-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#1037761 added November 25, 2022 at 7:43am
Restrictions: None
What Doesn't Shine...Lights Me Up!
Maybe, a little known fact about me: songs that get too much air play don't spin for me. I prefer lesser known songs by fave artists, or just music that lays low, undiscovered by the masses. When I found Ben Folds Five when I was running a music shop, I knew they played just for me. They got their 15 minutes, so I can play 'Brick' over and over and note tire of it.
You can look at my blog or this book that was once my blog and see plenty of links to little known, or lesser known music. Occasionally, I go back to the past. I am mainly in the present from Indie to Blues.
But right now, one of those acts everyone knows, there are two songs that immediately come to mine when I think of Aerosmith:

"Back In The Saddle" and "The Other Side"





They aren't complete unknowns, but I don't worry that vinyl will wear thin in my lifetime. The Other Side really gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it. It was my anthem. It solidified Aerosmith's comeback and journey to the top. Back In The Saddle just had a hook and vibe my teenage self couldn't shake for life.

My current indulgence Freya Ridings needs to release a new album. Discovered six months ago, it's been three years. Girl, stop performing and get in the studio. I worry her backing isn't help push for new material. And, break into the states, honey. There is a whole other world waiting.

Some prople don't like her vocal style. It's an acquired taste and it's all mine. Lyrics and a voice that intone the deepest, darkest parts of me.
s

© Copyright 2022 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037761-What-Doesnt-ShineLights-Me-Up