*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037964
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2158633
Feeling Right Every Day!
#1037964 added September 21, 2022 at 4:03pm
Restrictions: None
May you never know
Ya, I just got back from the hospital after having gone by helicopter with my son in the bed. (We flew out from the local hospital to a larger hospital, which was about a thirty minute flight) You see, he got hit by a truck, thankfully a glancing blow as it swerved to miss him. It is believed the mirror clipped him. That road is a 55-mile-per-hour speed limit, so breaking and quick thinking saved his life. What was he doing on the road? I don't know what he was thinking. He happens to be autistic and very able to escape when he thinks no one is looking. His mother called for help the moment she knew he had run off, then called me at work. I was halfway home from a thirty-minute ride when I was told to turn around and head to the hospital. He was alive and moving, though beat up. The worst was the concussion and brain bleed, but he is much better now. Except now, we need a better system of locks to keep him from doing it again. The stress is not over, it has just begun.

© Copyright 2022 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037964