*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037980-Communicating
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1037980 added September 22, 2022 at 5:52am
Restrictions: None
Communicating
FORUM
Welcome To My Reality Forum  (E)
Prompts to help you blog about real life and more...
#1967461 by Sunny

Prompt:4 Do you feel that you are a good communicator?

I am an excellent communicator. How did that happen? I wonder that myself because I was dreadfully shy when a child. I suppose being good at communicating was foisted upon me. I simply had to talk to people all day long after my mother became bedridden for over a year.
My brother was seventeen and I was fifteen years old when her illness struck. We owned a family grocery store and my brother worked there with Mum. Dad and my other brother worked at the family printing firm. I was still at school, but had to leave to help in the store.
From then on I did the ordering, serving and cleaning. I even cooked chickens in our kitchen for customers. That was many years before ready cooked chicken shops were even thought of. I suppose I may have been a forerunner of KFC!
I have always been in customer service, speaking, communicating has been my life.
Now retired and living in Australia, a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother five times over, I no longer have to communicate to customers. However I still communicate to my family how much they all mean to me.
To my friends I let them know I care what happens to them and they say I make them laugh.
To my husband of 57 years I hope I communicate my love.


Frog in a Hanging Basket









© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037980-Communicating