*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038317-The-Next-Thing
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#1038317 added September 29, 2022 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
The Next Thing
Today brings the end of the branch I've been working on:

* Interactive: "The Next Phase
* Public: "The Next Phase

As you can see, it brings things to a turning point. The first set of doppelgangers are in place; now Will is considering who to partner with in order to expand his conspiracy. The choice, though, is not about who to partner with, but who Will should pretend to be when approaching the first partner. He doesn't want to reveal his own identity, and he deems that Kim Walsh would not be plausible as a puppet-master queen, so that means he'll have to pretend to be one of the other people he has duplicated.

There's a poll to go with it: "Invalid Item And though I won't promise that it's a binding poll, I am relatively indifferent between the choices—any of them, I think, would be fun to write—so I'm likely to let the readers be the tie-breakers. Because it will be weeks at least, and maybe months, before I return to this branch, I'm going to make it an open-ended poll, running until I return to writing this branch.

* * *

Meanwhile, what does tomorrow bring? An alternate sequel to "Cheerleaders and Charity.

It's early days, and Will is looking for someone to experiment his newly made mask on. In searching the school he has gotten caught up in helping Yumi Saito with a charity drive.

This is a choice that got picked in a poll. It got continued in "A Charity Drive to Drive You Mad, but I also promised to write a sequel to the alternative, and this is it. It actually starts with a chapter by rugal, "Assertiveness that I will be continuing with a new chapter tomorrow.

This is going to be a very short run, only four chapters. I just kind of ran out of interest in it.

© Copyright 2022 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038317-The-Next-Thing