*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038454
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2208434
Most entries are going to be E rated but some may go beyond that.
#1038454 added October 1, 2022 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
22 Stars
"This cup is full of stars. Who wants to guess the right number?" the clerk asked people walked by.


"I do!" a young adult named Lilah said, raising her hand.

"Well, there. You may guess. Make sure it's okay with your parents first though, okay?" the clerk said.

"Mommy, can I guess how many stars are in that cup?" Lilah turned to face her mother.

"Certainly. As long as it's okay with the clerk," her mother replied.

"Since I am 22 years old, I guess 22!" Lilah said. Her wheelchair moved a little as she rocked side by side.

"22 is the correct answer. You may keep the cup of stars. Thank you for playing!" the clerk exclaimed as he picked up the jar with his hands and handed it over to her mother.

"Thank you! Now, I want to wish upon a star," Lilah said.

"Certainly," her mother said and pulled out a star from the cup.

"I wish for good health," Lilah said.

Prompt: Write something with the number 22 as a dominant theme, topic, or idea in honor of WdC's 22nd birthday celebration.
Written for "The Whatever Contest." *Right* "The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now
Word/Line Count: 165

© Copyright 2022 Angelica- House Florent B & W (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- House Florent B & W has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038454