*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038965-Plot-Rising-Action-How-does-the-story-get-to-the-climax
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Family · #2281952
A cryptic message leads to the clarity of Life's purpose.
#1038965 added October 9, 2022 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
Plot: Rising Action (How does the story get to the climax?)
1. Initial Refusals:
A. "Depression is my life. It's who I am. Will I lose my identity, if I change?"
B. "This note can't be real. Somebody is just playing a prank on me."
C. "Who can know the future? Just God. Why would God care about li'l ol' me?"
D. "How would I even know where to begin to find answers?"
E. "How would I even know where to begin such an outlandish journey?"

---------------
2. Facing the Confict:
A. "Where do I start to find answers?"
B. "Is it possible, that even I can change?"
C. "'The day of' has got to be important. Why would anyone joke about that?"
D. "A great acting teacher once said, 'Make a choice.' Okay, I'll simply take the first step."
E. "All the evidence seems to be pointing to the North. I'll buy a compass, and head North."

---------------
3. The Point of No Return:
Solomon sells all of his worldly belongings, except what he will need for survival with a few select memories thrown in for good measure, buys a 4WD SUV, packs it with his keepsakes and survival gear, and with a compass in hand heads out onto the open road to search for answers, potentially in the barren lands of Canada. (BTW, his survival gear includes new pieces of warm clothing, that he has not owned heretofore.)

---------------
4. The Point of No Return to the Climax:
Once on the road, Solomon encounters many challenges to his goal. Some are no more than speedbumps. Some are perilous cliffs with no way to pass. Ultimately, with every conflict a way beyond presents itself, miraculously, as though aided by God Almighty Himself, which, of course, is the Truth.

When facing hypothermia, Solomon gains an insight into how to reach his goal, while in this near-death coma.

He spends a few days in a cave with blankets, and a handmade fire to keep him warm while trying to figure out how to repair his SUV. His dreams are many and varied, including trips through the land of the Day of Sadness, the Day of Joy, the Day of Pain, and the Day of Hope. All give him clues and new insights about his goal, but none of them have the complete picture.

Every start, every stop, every high, and every low are tools the Lord uses to give Solomon clues about finishing his quest while molding him into the person the Lord wants him to be for his ultimate good and the Lord's Everlasting Glory.


by Jay O'Toole
on October 9th, 2022


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038965-Plot-Rising-Action-How-does-the-story-get-to-the-climax