*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039577-General-Market-Definition-and-Narrative-Voice-Synopsis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Family · #2281952
A cryptic message leads to the clarity of Life's purpose.
#1039577 added October 22, 2022 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
General: Market Definition and Narrative Voice Synopsis
Story Type:

The Day of is a Christian's quest to be like the saving Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ. Life is too easy to live as a functional life of doing nothing, that makes a difference for Eternity. How easy it is to eat, sleep, work, and attend to bodily functions, after which the rest of the day can be spent on the couch, chilling out, either alone or with a similarly-minded friend or two. When the Lord Himself pricks the mind to think, going on a journey with Him becomes the absolute must.

Target Audience:

The people, who read and enjoy my stories are serious Christians. These are believers for whom "easy-believism" has no appeal. Jesus is the passionate core of the lives of these individuals. Each of these believers knows, that he or she could never do the work of saving the individual soul & spirit, but once one is truly born-again, then the heart is focused on Jesus Christ, serving Him, loving Him, worshiping Him in Time and Eternity. It is the desire of that person's heart to "work out their own salvation," not working to be saved, but pressing this great Gift of Salvation out into every corner, "nook & cranny" of his or her life. The believer receives Salvation gladly as the free Gift, that it is, spending the rest of life on Earth in gratitude to the One, Who has done the saving. Physical age is not nearly as important as spiritual age. Newbies in Christ may or may not be attracted to my stories, but individuals, who have lived any length of time in a committed relationship with the Lord will gain a great deal of spiritual nourishment from reading my books.

Synopsis:

Solomon Carl Plain has just graduated from college with a B.A. in Education. One day very early in his summer between college and career, he receives a message in the mail. With no return address, he carefully opens the envelope to find inside it a short unsigned letter.

"You will be a success on the day of" seems like a prank at first, but the longer he thinks about it, he is stirred to his very core. He needs answers and is therefore motivated to search for the very thing, that will change his life for Time and Eternity.

Solomon is the product of an abusive childhood home. He has always cared about "being saved," and "knowing Jesus," but apparently not enough to give up his myriad bad habits, like swearing, and doing whatever feels good, which, of course, includes eating "good-tasting stuff."

We are left to wonder, who has sent the message and why, but the journey we are about to take can leave us all changed, forevermore.


by Jay O'Toole
on October 22nd, 2022


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039577-General-Market-Definition-and-Narrative-Voice-Synopsis