*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039683-The-Impossible-Online-Audience
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2283087
A collection of thoughts
#1039683 added April 13, 2023 at 4:58am
Restrictions: None
The Impossible Online Audience
I get know your audience, but if you are writing online to a very broad and general audience, how do you keep your words real and authentic while appealing to everyone? You can't possibly please everyone. You can't possibly not offend some people. You also can't trim and neuter your words to fit the new inclusive ideology that seems to be permeating everywhere. It's gotten to the point, in many spheres, that so much is said, but nothing has true substance or meaning anymore. What about freedom of thought, expression, opinion, conscience, and the UN Declaration of Human Rights? It was written, with great care, for very good reason.

*Addendum*
Not every human on the planet is "pleased" with the UDHR1, and that is also okay. It is very well-written and a consensus was met at a very pivotal time in our shared history. I believe it is applicable to all human beings on the planet, even though not every single voice on the planet was included. Some classical texts, documents, and oral teachings/traditions truly stand the test of time.*Heart*

Footnotes
1  https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights


© Copyright 2023 Crystal Dragon (UN: chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Crystal Dragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039683-The-Impossible-Online-Audience