*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040220
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1670440
A collection of various short stories and poetry.
#1040220 added November 3, 2022 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Feral Human Taming
A Werewolf Tames His New Human.

John looked at the tape at the end of the rails.

“Come on John,” said a male voice. “I know that you can do this.”

John groaned as he made another step.

“Just one more!” said a child’s voice.

John gave a growl as he made the final step.

“Yes!” cheered a female voice. “We’re so proud of you!”

John glared at those cheering him on. He’d been laid up in a bed for three months, due to a bear messing up his leg. It took a lot of effort to walk with the crutches.

“Let James and Hanna take you to the others,” the male voice said.

“I don’t want your help!” John growled out, as he sat in a wheelchair. “Especially since you’re the reason I’m stuck here.”

“John, that’s no way to speak to your master,” the female said.

John glared at her. “I don’t need help from a werewolf. I can wheel my own self to the rest of the herd.”

John started wheeling his chair away from his werewolf masters.

“That one’s trouble, Robert,” the female said.

“Tell me about it, Julia,” the male said. “He took out two of my teeth when he woke up after he was in that coma.”

“Why didn’t you eat him?” Julia asked.

“Two reasons, the first being that he’s Prime Grade, and we don’t have a spare five million to get another for some time,” said Robert.

“And the second?” Julia asked.

“He saved my life from that bear that tried to kill me,” said Robert. “That means he’s Protected.”

Julia blinked. “I see. It explains a few things.”

Robert sighed. “He saved my life, and I’ve taken his freedom, in order to save his.”

“Do you think he’s ready for Step 2?” Julia asked.

“I don’t think that he’s gotten past Step 1,” said Robert. “Even now, he’s still willing to fight. I really don’t want to destroy him. I owe him my life.”

“It’s not just his life you owe him for,” said Julia. “I just missed my period, and the last time we had sex was soon after your return from the hospital, and it was easily two years for the prior time.”

Robert’s eyes widened. “Wait, you’re-?”

Julia nodded.

A smile came to the werewolf’s lips, before it was replaced with a frown. “William if a boy, Wilma if a girl?”

Julia smiled, as she patted her belly. “I understand. Name them after the old herd leader.”

“I promised him,” said Robert. “I keep my word.”

Julia gave him a kiss. “That’s what I love about you, Robert, looking after the lesser ones. Wish more were like you.”

Robert chuckled. “You have that right. Jeffrey!”

“Yes Master,” the human slave said, walking over to them.

“Could you get me my phone? I need to make a phone call.”

“Yes, Master.” The slave walked away.

“Robert, who are you going to call?” Julia asked.

Robert sighed. “I have to call your brother. It seems Thomas’s cancer is inoperable, meaning that he’s an F-Grade.”

“Sorry about that,” said Julia. “Such a sweet livestock. At least he has some siblings.”

“He also got two mares pregnant, which means that, if nothing else, his line will continue for another generation.”



John wheeled himself into the barn, where he saw the rest of the herd, or rather, livestock. A growl escaped his throat. He’d had the perfect opportunity to kill Robert – if he’d just let that bear – no, the bear had been too close to his herd to allow it to get away, even with Robert.

There was a cough that interrupted his thoughts. He looked, and saw a young man coughing into a cloth.

“Are you doing alright, Thomas?” he asked.

The young man shook his head, as he pulled the cloth away. “Vet says that my cancer is inoperable. Robert had this face on him as he drove me home. I think he’s going to call Fred up, and have him eat me.”

John’s hands clenched. “Who is Fred?”

“Julia’s brother, a very large werewolf,” said a human woman, who looked to be close to the end of a pregnancy. She gave Thomas a kiss. “He’s a Fertilizer Producer. Farmers hire him to digest overly problematic livestock, or those not worth keeping around. He’s alright, but I guess he’s become something of a, what’s the word, a cynic in his line of work. Sees those he digests as sacks of fertilizer.”

A growl escaped John’s throat. He looked at Thomas. “I’ll see to it that he remembers to use your name.”

“And just how are you going to do that?” a male human asked, coming over. “Are you going to ask him nicely? ‘Oh please, Mr. Blacktail, address Thomas 1489 by his name?’ I doubt it.”

John spat. “No, I won’t ask him to – I’ll make him.”

“And Just how are you going to do that?” the other one asked. “You’re supposed to be this big bad feral, but you’re just a wheelchair bound cripple, whom Robert only keeps around because he needs a Prime Grade buck, and I wager it’s easy for him to milk your maleness of genetic material. Does he have you sit on his lap, and say that you’re a good feral, while he uses the collection vial? Or has Julia been collecting it the Fun Way?”

John wheeled up to him. “Angus, let’s see if you can take this wheelchair bound cripple in a fight.”

Angus looked at him. “Are you serious?”

“You were acting like you were all high and mighty a moment ago!” John yelled out. “Come on! Hit me!”

Angus began to shake. “I, I, I can’t.”

“Do it! Hit me!”

“I, I, I just can’t. My arms won’t move.”

John looked around. “Who else can’t throw a punch around here?”

There was a certain amount of muttering. No one could.

“Seriously?” John asked. He looked at Angus. “Apologize to Thomas then. You ought to be respectful towards someone that’s about to die soon.”

Angus looked at him. There was a look in the Feral’s eyes.

“Do it!”

“Thomas, I’m sorry for talking about you like that.”

Thomas nodded. “It’s alright, Angus.” Thomas looked at John. “His father was the Herd Leader.”

“Why was he a Herd Leader?” John asked.

“He was Prime Grade, and the oldest,” said Thomas.

John spat. “Grade means nothing out in the Wilds. Better an F-Grade that can lead his herd through tough times than a Prime Grade that doesn’t know that certain berries are poisonous.”

“So, just how are you going to get him to use my name?” Thomas asked.

John smiled. “Not my first time teaching a werewolf a new trick – teaching them to Play Dead is a favorite pastime of mine, especially the part where I actually make them dead.”

“You’ve killed werewolves?” Angus asked.

John nodded. “You should see me make them roll over. I’ve also defanged plenty of vampires too.”

“What about humans?” Angus asked.

“More than I’d liked to,” said John. “I’ll have no issues killing, when the time comes. I’m going to see about freeing you, if I can.”

“How?” Angus asked. “None of us know how to really survive without the Wolfes help. Most of the others that were Ferals were cubs when they were caught, and don’t know much.”

“Tell me that you know what plants are good to eat?” John asked.

“Um, somewhat.”

“Fishing?”

“Some can.”

“Hunting?”

“Not really.”

“Trapping?”

“None.”

John sighed. “The gates are left open during the day, and we can travel beyond the fence, but must stay on the property, right?”

“Yes.”

“At least there’s room for hope,” said John. “As I’ve said, I’ll see what I can do about teaching you how to survive. Maybe, one day, the lot of you will be able to escape. But, you will need to be ready to do so together, and leave no one of a lower grade than you behind – I know the reward for returning escapees is a livestock of at least a letter grade lower. It’s going to take time, and, I’ll be honest, the young are easier to teach – five, ten years maybe.”

“That long?” Angus asked. “Why not now?”

“Because no Feral herd is going to just allow some unskilled Marked One just join them,” said John. “Even lone ferals don’t just join a herd. They have to prove themselves – kill a deer, or a bear, offer it to the Herd Leader, kill a dangerous enemy, save the life of a herd member – do that, and maybe the Herd Leader will share a meal with them. I would know – I’ve been a lone feral, waiting to be accepted by a herd. Six months I waited, on the fringe of the herd, offering gifts to prove that I was worthy.”

“What happened?” a female asked.

“I wasn’t the only lone feral wanting to join the herd,” said John. “There was an older one. They tried to forcefully join, but the herd leader was able to fend them off. Herd leader had a daughter, about my age, Bella.” A smile came to John’s lips. “One day, she was on a hill beside a stream, and I walked up to her, holding a bunch of yellow daffodils. I didn’t know if the herd leader would accept me, but I figured, with Bella, if I was nice to her, maybe she’d have a word with her father about letting me join. The other loner had his own thoughts in regards to Bella. He attacked me, shoving me away, and he tried to rape her. He was bigger, and stronger than me, but in that moment, I didn’t care – I jumped him! I was willing to die to protect her – buy enough time for her father to come and deal with that troublemaker. Still, him being bigger and stronger, he threw me off, and tried to choke me – big mistake. Bella pulled a knife, and stabbed him, repeatedly. Commotion caused the others come running – Bella told them what happened, and the herd got out some rope – they hung him. As for me, I was invited to join the herd leader’s fire. Some months later, she asked me to be her mate. A few years back, the old leader asked me to take over the position.”

“All that, because you decided to offer her some flowers?” Angus asked.

John nodded. “She’s also the mother of my son, Tobias. That one will be a handful as he grows up. Hopefully he becomes a good man.”

“I wish I could watch mine grow up,” said Angus.

“What do you mean?” John asked.

“Tomorrow is Big Meal Day, and Robert asked me to be his,” said Angus. “I have five offspring, and my genetic material is secured.”

“Same with me being Julia’s Meal,” the one woman said. “I have a handful of children, and my genetic material is secured.”

“You could of said no,” said John. “Robert told me that he doesn’t eat unwilling meals, normally.”

“Then, he’d of asked another C-Grade,” said the woman.

“Besides, when they Ask you, it’s hard to say No,” said Angus. “Hardly anyone makes it to thirty around here – we’re born, we’re bred, then we’re sold, then eaten or drained, and that’s if we’re lucky.” He gestured at Thomas. “Fred’s just going to use a Rapid Digestion pill after he swallows him, turning him into fifty pounds of fertilizer. D-Graders are Pet Food if they are lucky, Pig Feed if not. Me and Jessie, we’re just a Meal – C-Grade. B-Grade, they’re a nice Dinner. A-Grade, Fancy Dinner. You – they’ll just keep you until you die, because you can turn a D-Grade line into a C-Grade line, C into B, B into A, and an A into Prime. The Wolfes save the Genetic Material of C-lines and better. D and lower, they don’t normally save, unless there’s a reason to do so, like a rare line.”


John closed his eyes, breathed in, and out. He opened his eyes. “Angus, if I ever said, or thought, a cross word about you, I’m sorry.”

Angus closed his eyes, and nodded.

John then held the Meal-to-be’s hand. “I give you my word, that your offspring will one day, walk away free.” He looked at the rest. “That goes for the lot of you – I don’t know if I can save you, but I’ll do everything that I can to save your children. However, you must do me a favor – help one another to secure their lines – if you’re a Prime-Grade on down, and a D-Grade wants to have your child, help them do that. I know that the Wolfes don’t eat pregnant mares, so that helps the D-Grade mares out. Likewise, if a D-Grade buck wants to breed with a higher Grade mare, let them have that chance to continue their line, maybe they’ll get lucky. Same with any F-Grades we might have.”

At this, the herd began to nod.

“Now, let’s see what we can do to save our children,” said John. “Tell me about the fence that they have us penned up in.”

Angus grabbed a sheet of paper, and a pen. “It’s a triple layer fence. All three are twenty feet tall. Inner one is smooth, save for the razor wire at the top, just in case you touched it. Outer one is barbed wire, topped with razor. Middle one is electrified. It’s too far to jump from the inner to the outer fence. There’s concrete holding the fence up, easily six feet into the ground, so digging is a tricky plan. Gate requires a password, which is changed just after Big Meal Day, at Midnight. However, the Wolfes can easily watch that from their bedroom window.”

“Robert mentioned something about cameras and microphones,” John said.

“Every room has them, even this one,” said Jessie. “Even now, they could be watching and listening. It’s part of how they stop would-be attempts early.”

“What’s stopping us from grabbing a blade and cutting out their hearts?” John asked.

“Well, if we even think of doing violence, we just shake,” said Angus. “It’s part of how they raise us. They get into your head from a young age. You see them as a friend, family even. You don’t harm family.”

“And, while no one has tried to do it, there are stories about what happens to those that try to kill their Masters,” said Jessie. “Being rapidly digested into fertilizer is one of the milder punishments. Others get hunted down by dogs, ones that aren’t gentle like Millie out there.”

John looked out the window, at a large sheepdog, one that would have no issues swallowing a human whole. He spat. “Not my first dog – bash their head in.”

“At least she’s not the sort that would just eat you unless you tried to hit her, or if you stick something into her mouth, or she already knew that you were her meal,” said Angus. “Others would tear you to pieces – she’s our Protector from wolves and such.”

“So, given that I’ve been stuck in my room, more or less, how does Big Meal Day work?” John asked.

“We get Asked a week in advance,” said Thomas. “I kind of figured that Fred would be coming by, so I’ve been keeping a Journal – writing down likes, dislikes, how I want to be remembered, and such. I want one of my children to be named after me.” He held the hand of the pregnant female.

“They’ll walk free one day,” said John. “I swear it. What else?”

“On Big Meal Day, we get in some last day mating,” said Angus. “I try to get a few mares pregnant with my last naturally conceived offspring, Jessie gets some additional seasoning.”

“And Thomas?”

“I’d be lucky to say good-bye,” said Thomas. “They wouldn’t save my genetic material.”

John growled. “In that case, Angus, Thomas, you get to your matings, both of you – I’ll raise yours like they were my own. Jessie, you start saying your good-byes as well. I’ll make sure that you are remembered properly.”

He then wheeled himself over to a bench, pulled out a staff, one with a thick nob at the end, picked up a whittling knife that was tied to the bench with some wire, and started carving.

“So, just what is that thing you’ve been working on?” the pregnant woman asked.

“The symbol of my position,” said John. “This is a Walking-Club. My mate’s father had one made after he lost his leg. It helped him with the walking.” He made a few swings with it. “It will do to help me to walk.” He then used it to help him stand out of the chair, and while standing, made a few more swings. “It will do the job nicely.”

“What are you thinking?” Angus asked.

John grinned. “Oh, I’m not thinking not much, really, beyond the best way on how to teach Fred a lesson in manners.” He then looked at his wrist. There was a marking he didn’t know the meaning of. “Do you understand Livestock Markings?”

Angus nodded.

“What does this one mean?”

Angus’s eyes widened. “That marks you as Dangerous. You have to be restrained during medical visits and such. Seems that you hit someone, or some such thing, or you can’t be hooked up to a machine without precautions being taken.”

John chuckled. “Fitting. Took out two of Robert’s teeth and broke the restraints on the medical bed after he caught me. ”

“Explains the gap he had,” said Jessie.

“Well, like I said, I’ll do what I can to free your children,” said John. “Might take a while, but I keep my word.”



The next day, around noon, John watched as a large truck pulled up to the gate. He also watched as Robert walked out of the farmhouse, and headed towards it.

John wheeled along, following behind him.

“Oh, joining me in greeting my brother-in-law?” Robert asked.

“Heard about your decision regarding Thomas,” said John. “Then there’s Angus and Jessie. Do you have to?”

“If we don’t, someone else will,” said Robert. “It’s what we breed humans for.”

John spat. “There’s deer, sheep, goats, cattle, and other similar sized animals you could eat. They even grow and breed quicker.”

“True, but there’s something special about humans,” said Robert.

John watched as a very large, and fat, werewolf stepped out of the truck, easily a thousand pounds, if not more, in weight.

“John, stay where you are, for a moment.” Robert walked up to the gate, and punched in the code.

John watched, and saw Robert press a set of numbers, and some letters. “What does A P R 16 stand for?”

“My birthday,” said Robert. “Not that it matters. It will change at midnight.”

John scoffed. “Right, you could easily know if a wheelchair bound cripple decided to wheel their way up to the gate.”

“Full view from my bedroom window,” said Robert. “Won’t be able to escape this way.”

“That one has a mouth on him,” the fat werewolf said.

“Latest acquisition,” said Robert, as he opened the gate. “John 3160 still doesn’t seem to understand things too well. Still, he’s Prime Grade, so I can afford to give him some leeway. That, and he saved my life.”

Fred looked at him. “Ah, I see. Protected. Say, expecting anyone besides me?”

Robert looked down the driveway, as did John. A fancy car pulled up.

A growl escaped Robert’s throat. “Marcus Fang.”

Fred scoffed. “Worst tasting livestock ever, due to all those drugs he uses to increase blood production, among other things.”

Out of the car stepped what could be mistaken as a very pale human, save for those eyes. They were the ones of a Predator, specifically, a vampire.

That was when Robert heard a growl, one that didn’t come from him, or Fred. He looked, and realized that it was coming from John. He was about to say something, when Marcus walked up.

“Well, Robert, I see that you’ve taken to hobbling your livestock,” the vampire said. “Makes them easier to catch, I guess.”

John spat. “Nope. Just had a disagreement with a bear. I made out pretty well. The bear wasn’t so lucky.”

“Pretty bold, for a human,” said Marcus. “Bet your running days are over.”

John spat, hitting Marcus in the shirt.

The vampire chuckled, as he removed the spit with a handkerchief. “On my farm, that would have gotten you drained right quick.” He looked at Robert. “Why do you keep one like that anyways?”

“Might have to do with the fact that I was worth fifty thousand per ounce, ten years ago,” said John.

Marcus looked at John. “Really? How do you know that?”

“Some bloodsucker thought that I was worth trying to catch,” said John. “My father taught him otherwise, by burning the place down.”

“Sounds like you’re from a line of troublemakers,” said Marcus.

“Another bloodsucker thought that I was worth hunting too,” said John. “I put several arrows in that one – was going to shove a sharpened sapling up their ass, but there was a hungry bear. Funny enough, that’s the very bear that I later killed.”

There was a brief look of anger in Marcus’ eyes. “Sounds a lot like how my cousin Fredrick was killed.”

“Hmm, I wonder if it was the same bloodsucker,” John said, with a grin. “Still, one less bloodsucker is good for me.”

“You’re an impudent blood sack, aren’t you?” Marcus asked, as he walked right up to the human, extending a claw. “I ought to-”

“Marcus!” Robert growled out. “He’s my property! Furthermore, he’s Protected! Harm him, and it would be the same as if you harmed me. You know the law.”

Marcus grinned. “Well, speaking of property, I’m interested in buying yours. Seven million for the whole thing.”

This time, Robert was the one that spat. “That’s a low-ball of a low-ball price. Wouldn’t even get the land for that much. Barely worth the price of the fertilizer I’d use in ten years.”

“Speaking of fertilizer, where’s the one sack of shit-to-be at?” Fred asked.

“Oh, Thomas? He’s-” Robert’s eyes widened in fear.

Fred looked where Robert was looking, only to feel an intense pain in his guts, as something slammed into them, forcing him to double over. He then looked up in time for a fist to slam into his jaw, causing him to hit the ground. He was hit in the guts several more times, before someone managed to pull his attacker off of him. As Fred finally stood up, trying to catch his breath, he caught sight of his attacker.

Robert was having trouble trying to hold John, as the feral lashed out with a staff he’d hidden in the wheelchair, somehow.

“Say his name!” John yelled out. He reared back, and got Robert in the jaw with the back of his head, forcing the werewolf to let go of him, causing him to fall to the ground. John then used the staff to stand back up. He glared at Fred, who was still trying to catch his breath. “Say his name!”

Fred looked at John. There was anger in those eyes, an anger that made the large werewolf feel fear.

“Say his name!”

That was when the human felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. He looked, and saw the dart. He then looked, and saw Julia in the bedroom window, a tranquilizer gun in her hands.

“Good, shot,” John said, his words slurring. He then collapsed.

“You’re going to have to destroy that one,” said Marcus.

“More like he’s ready for Step 2 of the Wolfe Taming Process,” said Robert, as he spat out a couple of teeth.

“Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I have to agree with Marcus,” said Fred. “He’s Dangerous.” He spat out several teeth. “I mean, if not for this padding I got, I think he’d of killed me.”

“If he wanted to kill you, he’d of bashed your skull in, not give you a bellyache,” said Robert. “Still, he has a point. You know damn well that Thomas is the name of the one I called you out here for.”

“Just what herd did you get this one from anyways?” Fred asked.

“Wrangler, his name is John Wrangler,” said Robert.

“Well, I’d best be off,” said Marcus. “Keep my offer in mind. Also, keep in mind what I said about destroying that one.” The vampire got into his car, and took off.

Robert spat. “Not selling to the likes of that one. I’d rather lose the whole herd to an escape.”

“Something to keep in mind,” John said, from his location on the ground. “Your wife’s a good shot – I’ll have to factor her in for it.”

Robert chuckled. “You’re still awake?”

“Not my first time,” said John. “The mild doses do nothing, and the stronger stuff merely makes me tired.” He sat up, and removed the dart. “Yours.”

Robert took the dart.

John grabbed his staff, and used it to stand up. He looked at Fred. “You will treat Thomas with a certain amount of respect. If you treat him like he’s nothing more that fertilizer-to-be, just know this – I’ll kill you.” He then looked at Robert. “That applies to you and Julia in regards to Angus and Jessie, and anyone else you eat – treat them with respect, or I’ll kill you two, and make your cubs my pets.”

Robert looked at him. “I’m going to have to punish you, you know.”

John grinned. “Whatever you got planned, I’ll take it, because my job is to look after my herd. After all, I’m the Herd Leader – I do what needs to be done to keep them safe.” He then groaned, as he sat in the wheelchair, and wheeled himself to the barn.

Robert chuckled. “He’s going to be fun to tame.”

“I think I’ll take a long lunch, and join you for dinner,” said Robert. “By the way, what’s for lunch?”

“Are you up for chicken and beef steak?” Robert asked.

Fred grinned. “I hope it’s my sister that’s cooking – she knows how to do up a good chicken and steak.”




John entered his room, and sighed. He didn’t know what Robert was going to do, but seeing Fred’s face, the werewolf being afraid of him, it was worth it. Even if he was eaten, and digested, it was worth it. Still, he wished he’d of done something to Marcus – it would have been fun to defang bat-boy. He wanted to kill him – Marcus had killed his parents, not that the vampire would remember two lowly humans he’d caught – mother had been braindeaded, he was almost braindeaded, if father hadn’t showed up, set the place on fire, getting killed in the process, while freeing him. He wheeled up to the window, and looked out it, at the fence. He stared at the gate – that was the way out. The plan came to him – keep the Wolfes inside the house, and the herd could walk out.

The door opened, and in came Robert.

“Well John, you got my wife riled up real good,” said Robert. “She wanted me to eat you.”

“Sounds like we have that in common,” said John. He turned, and looked at Robert. The werewolf set a large bowl on the counter. “What do you plan on doing?”

The werewolf grinned. “Ever hear of Dulce de Leche? It’s a chocolatey caramel pudding type of concoction.”

“So, what do I care?” John asked.

“Prime Grade are very rare, less than one percent of one percent,” said Robert. “My prior Prime Grade Breeder was ten years older than I was – a good friend while I grew up. He was delicious. It was, a bittersweet breakfast that day.”

“You told me that the bear killed him,” said John. “I wonder how easily he was killed. Did he even fight?”

“Our training is such that I could place a blade every ten feet in this barn, fall asleep with all of them walking about, and I’d wake up, not a blade disturbed,” said Robert.

John spat. “I don’t need a blade. My staff could do the job.”

Robert grinned. “Noticed that you didn’t go for any actual killing blows,” he said. “You simply wacked Fred in the guts, other than when you punched his teeth out.”

“I wanted to teach him a lesson,” said John. “I made him afraid.”

Robert nodded. “You did. I’ll admit, you scared me when you drew that staff out from behind your chair and slammed it into him.” A grin came to his face. “It was kind of funny, actually.” He then sighed. “The problem is, Marcus Fang saw you hit Fred. He will tell the inspector general, that I have a Feral that I can’t Control. If word got out that I couldn’t control you, I’d have to either get rid of you, or destroy you. I can’t do either of those.”

“So, I’m guessing you’re going to try this Step Two thing,” said John. “Try to Tame me, right?”

Robert nodded. “I have to, John.”

“So, what does Dulce de Leche have to do with it?” John asked.

“I like to treat Prime Grade like a Dessert,” said Robert. “Especially one you don’t get to have too often.”

John spat. “Not interested. You told me that you don’t eat unwilling humans without a good reason.”

“Then think of the rest of the herd,” said Robert. “If the Inspector thinks that I can’t Control 1 specific human, he might think that I can’t control any of them. I’ve told you before that Marcus wants to buy everything, and he’ll lie to do it. Because of you, every last human here is at risk of being snatched up by the likes of him. He’ll braindead every last one of them – it’s a living death. I simply kill my Meals. They’d be braindead for years, or even decades – every last one of them, all because you wanted to teach my brother-in-law a lesson.”

At this, John became pale, and Robert could smell the scent of fear coming from the human.

Robert gave a slight chuckle. He’d finally gotten the Feral into Stage One of Taming – Helplessness. “Now you understand the issue. It’s not just one livestock to think about – it’s all of them.”

However, that was when something unexpected happened. The scent of fear became one of anger.

“Very well,” said John. “I’ll go through this Taming thing of yours, but know this, what I said still stands – you treat any of the herd with anything less than respect, and I’ll kill you, your mate, Fred, and anyone else I deem necessary to kill. As for Marcus – bat-boy better stay off of this farm, or else I’ll kill him, no matter what.”

Robert grinned. “I give you my word, and I always keep my word.”

“So do I,” said John. “One morning you’re going to wake up, and the herd will be gone, except for me. On that day, you can have me for breakfast, because I want to see the look on your face, when you realize that you’re ruined.”

Robert chuckled. “I should eat you now, but I am interested in this wager of yours. My whole herd’s freedom, for your life. I guess we’ll see what happens.” He then got out a special type of oil. “Now, let’s get started on your punishment. I need to brush this on you, so that the Delce de Leche doesn’t burn onto you.”

“Alright,” said John.

Robert then pulled out a ball of sinew. “Then I have to tie you up into a specific position, in this case, sitting. The sinew is easy to break of course, but it does well to just hold you in place for the Dulce de Leche to make your skin taste nice and sweet. At some point, I might stuff you, but for today, I’ll keep it simple.”

He got out a deep glass pan, the sort that could fit something three feet high, three feet wide, and about four feet long – like a human tied into a sitting position.

“You’ll be placed in this as I cover you with the Dulce de Leche,” said Robert.

He then turned the temperature on the oven, so that it would slowly heat up. “This keeps things nice and toasty, without causing issues. Still, there are safety buttons that you can press to turn the heat off, or you could shove the door open, just in case things become too much – I want you to be comfortable.”

“Nice to know,” said John. “One more thing – do you eat children?”

Robert scoffed. “Not our style. Ruins things in the long run, if one does that sort of thing. We wait until they are at least twenty, for the most part, and have had a chance to produce at least one child.”

“Good to know,” said John.

“Of course, once you are in my belly, please give me a good rubbing,” said Robert. “Now, let’s get you out of your clothes.”

It didn’t take them too long to remove John’s tunic and trousers, as well as his undergarments.

Robert grinned, as he looked the Feral over, brushing him down with the oil. “You look good. All muscle, barely any fat.” He looked at the healed leg. “This is doing nicely too.” He looked into John’s eyes. “I’ll be gentle. You’ll only be in my stomach for ten minutes.”

He grabbed the sinew, and carefully tied John up. He then lifted him up, and placed him in the dish. He slowly covered him with the concoction, opened the oven door, lifted the dich, including John, slid him into the oven, closed the door, and began to wait, watching John’s reactions.

John also began to wait. He had to think of a way out. Then again, things hadn’t been too bad – there had been nothing sexual about it, or any power moves, or anything like that. Still, he noticed the emergency button, and he noticed that the door would be easy to kick open. He then saw the werewolf watching, waiting, and looking right at his eyes.

Soon enough, a buzzer went off, and Robert opened the oven door. “Well, not bad for your first time being cooked.” He grabbed some oven mittens and pulled the dish out. “Now for you to cool.”

John tried to speak, but his mouth was a little dry.

“Oops, sorry about that,” Robert said. He grabbed a bottle of water, and allowed John to take some slow sips. “I forgot to give you a fruit gag or something – it’s to help keep your mouth from drying out.”

John glared at him.

“It’s an honest mistake,” said Robert. “I just love Dulce de Leche, but the doc says that I shouldn’t have it – something about it causing my teeth to fall out.”

John chuckled at this. “I’ll forgive you this once.”



A few minutes later, John had cooled enough that Robert could touch him without getting sticky. Then, starting head first, the werewolf slowly swallowed the human, savoring every swallow. John, much to his own personal annoyance, found his body being turned on by this. Just as his waist was about to slip past the werewolf’s lips, John felt something slip onto his maleness, causing him to moan and groan in pleasure. Mentally, he was kicking himself. Robert had slipped a Collection Vial onto him, to collect his genetic material, to keep it from being wasted. It was something that the Wolfes liked to do, especially with valuable bucks, just in case something happened. However, John wriggled his way forward, slipping his waist past the lips, and teeth, causing himself to slide down the throat quicker, and into Robert’s stomach, but more importantly, his maleness had slid out of the collection vial.

“You are a defiant feral,” Robert said. “You’d rather be eaten than milked.”

“I just don’t want you to get what you want that easily,” growled John. “You want my line for your farm, it’s on my terms.”

Robert chuckled. “Alright. I have no problems making deals with livestock – makes things easier.”

“I pick which mares I breed with and a lot of them are going to be of the D-Grade range.”

“That would lower the quality of your line.”

“But it would increase theirs, and let their line live on for another generation, instead of just ending with them being dog food.”

“Alright, but I will be recommending those of the higher grades too.”

“I can handle some of that.”

“What else?”

“I want to teach the livestock humans survival skills, just in case something happened, like being stolen by Marcus.”

“Seriously? You want to teach the livestock how to survive in the wild? Might make them try to escape.”

“I’ve already told them that no escape is allowed unless all escape,” said John. “Of course, if they come up with a way that doesn’t endanger the herd, I might allow it.”

Robert chuckled. “Alright. Anything else?”

“I keep my staff, and any others I make as replacements,” said John. “I prefer it over a crutch.”

Robert chuckled, as he bent over, to pick the staff up. “Very well – just don’t use it on my family ever again, or I’ll take it away.”

“If they respect the herd, I’ll have no reason to use it,” said John.

“Nice carvings by the way,” said Robert. “I’ll let you keep it.”

“One more thing – don’t you dare harm any of the children.”

Robert chuckled. “Like told you, we don’t harm the cubs here.”

“Best not cause any,” said John. “Otherwise I will kill you.”

Robert patted his stomach. “I understand. Julia told me that she’s expecting.”

“So, anything I need to know, since I’m stuck in here for a bit?” John asked.

“Don’t try anything that would seriously harm me,” said Robert. “As you might know, werewolves need meat to heal up, while you’re in my stomach, you are considered meat – try something like attempting to cut your way out with a hidden blade, or seriously damage my internal organs, and my stomach will flood with acid, digesting you alive, and it will be painful, unlike for those that pass out and die before digestion starts.”

“Useful to know,” said John. He then started rubbing the stomach walls.

“Hmm, that feels good, John,” said Robert, as the werewolf sat down.

“Just keep in mind, ten minutes.”

“I’ve been watching the clock,” said Robert. “After all, I want your genetic material – can’t get it if I digest you.”

“One more thing, I want to be there, for Angus, Jessie, and Thomas.”

“You want to be there to watch them be eaten?” Robert asked. “Why?”

“Because I made them a promise,” said John. “I keep my promises.”



“He’s going to cause trouble,” Julia said, as she prepared the stuffing for that night’s Meal. “He assaulted Fred.”

“I think it would have only been a few whacks, if Marcus hadn’t been there,” said Robert. “I think he merely wanted to teach Fred a lesson in respecting the livestock. But Marcus, something about his presence sent him into a rage, and Fred’s gut was the only safe thing he could hit.”

“Hurt like hell though,” Fred said, as he cut up his third steak. “Never seen a human that angry – haven’t been afraid for my life in years, not since that day you and I realized we was in the wrong pen at any rate.”

Robert chuckled. “I remember that bull too. Of course, you was a lot slimmer back then.”

“So, what do you think Marcus did that riled that feral up so much?” Fred asked. “That vampire didn’t say too much to him, other than threatening to drain him when he got a little defiant and spat on him.”

“John spat on Marcus?” Julia asked. “He’s pretty damn bold. Most would have ended up drained.”

“I think Marcus killed someone close to John,” said Robert. “A prior mate, parents, siblings – from the way he talks, he joined the Wrangler herd as a teenager, by befriending the Herd Leader’s daughter. I guess Marcus took his prior herd, possibly for one of his illegal facilities folks suspect that he has, but no one can prove. John might know where those locations are.”

“Why do you say that?” Fred asked.

“According to the one tracker I talked to, anyone that worked for Marcus Fang that went after the Wrangler Herd ended up dead,” said Robert. “Most others would simply be really hurt.”

Julia sighed. “Alright, I guess we can let him live. We need a Prime Grade anyways.”

“And the other thing?” Robert asked.

“I can set up another plate,” said Julia. “There should be plenty of steak and chicken left over to include him.”



Sometime later, Angus, Jessie, and Thomas were finishing their good-byes, when they saw John.

“Heard that you’d be at the table, and watch what was going to happen,” said Thomas. “Are you sure that you’re up to seeing us die?”

“I’ve seen people die before,” said John. “Besides, I want to make sure that they treat you with respect, especially you, Thomas. Also, I want to see what the inside of the place actually looks like. Might prove useful for my plan.”

“So, have you figured something out?” Angus asked.

“I got a couple of ideas,” said John. “My big thing is when to do it? In a way, you’ll help me figure out a few things, namely the time of when to do it – do I do it within a few hours of a Meal, or just before dawn. As it is, I think that the best time to do an Escape is the night of the Big Meal – I know that werewolves tend to be slower, and more inclined to sleep after a good meal, but I need to know by how much, especially with something human size. With that sort of info, I can plan things out better, for when the time comes for me to free your children.”

Tears came down Jessie’s face. “Thank you,” she said. “You have no idea how happy that makes me feel, knowing that one day, my children will be free.”

John smiled. “I’ll look for you three on a hill by a stream.”

“Do you want us to have yellow daffodils?” Angus asked.

John chuckled. “No, but I will ask for a spot by the fire.”

“Alright,” said Thomas. “It was good knowing you.”

John nodded. “I’ll remember your names, every last one.”

It was at that moment, the barn door opened, and Robert stepped in. “Who’s ready for Supper?”



A little while later, John was inside the house. Angus has been milked for the last time, and now he, Jessie, and Thomas were in the process of being stuffed. Angus and Thomas would be stuffed via the mouth and anus, with Jessie also being stuffed via her birth canal. At the moment, Julia was working on Jessie, as Angus and Thomas awaited their turn, all three of them tied up with sinew twine, to help hold them in a certain position. From what John could tell, Julia was being careful with her treatment of Jessie, and he had a feeling he knew why – she didn’t want to bruise her food.

It was then that John felt a twinge in his leg, causing him to grimace.

“You okay John?” Robert asked. “We could go back to the barn.”

“No, more like I forgot to take my pain pills with my lunch,” said John. “Got some here?”

“Sure,” said Robert. “Follow, if you want.”

John wheeled along, following Robert. As he did, he saw the human slave, Jeffery. Currently, he was cleaning a large object.

“What’s that you’re cleaning?” John asked.

Jeffery looked at him. Technically, as a slave, he outranked livestock, if only by a little bit, but there was something in John’s eyes that made him answer. “It’s a gun cabinet. The Wolfes keep their firearms in it.”

“Useful to know,” John said, as he resumed following after Robert.

“They’re locked behind a password, and I don’t think that you’ll get it right,” said Robert.

“I’ve always been a quick thinker,” said John. “I’m sure that I’ll figure it out. Failing to get access to them myself, I can make sure that you can’t get to them yourself.”

Robert chuckled. “We’ll see what happens.”

John then stopped by a photograph. It showed a much younger werewolf, maybe 18 years of age, who looked like Robert, as well as an older werewolf that shared certain features with the younger, and a human that seemed to be between them in ages.

“Who are these?” he asked.

Robert walked back over. “Well, the young handsome one is me. The human is William, the prior Herd Leader – he was something of a friend and brother at times. This one, is my father – he died not too long after this photo was taken – saved a bunch of human cubs that were in the wrong pen with the wrong angry bull – there was nothing that could be done to save him, as the bull got him in the heart and lungs.” Tears started to come from his face. “I watched him die. Do you know what that’s like, to watch the one that raised you leave this world, and enter the Afterlife?”

“I was fifteen years old,” said John. “I lost both of my parents on the same day. I was lost, and alone, until I found the Wrangler herd. It took me months for them to allow me to join them. For them, I’d do anything to keep them safe, including killing anyone dumb enough to come after them.”

“Would that have included me?” Robert asked.

“You had capture tags, and didn’t work for Marcus Fang – I’d of busted your arm and leg – let you live with the knowledge that a human had beaten you,” said John. “Know this – one day I will beat you – not tonight, not tomorrow, but one day, you’ll wake up, and the entire herd will be gone.”

“There’s never been a successful escape on that scale,” said Robert. “Besides, they’d never agree to do it at the same time.”

“You’d be surprised at what a good herd leader can accomplish,” said John. He looked at the photo. “You and Marcus inflict the same kind of pain – that of a child losing their parents. Think about that, whenever you look at those cubs in the barn, knowing that you murdered them.”

“So, you plan to kill me, my wife, and Fred, for a bunch of humans you’ve never known?” Robert asked.

“Kill, no, ruin, yes,” said John. “I want to see the look on your face when you realize that you’ve lost everything.”

Robert chuckled. “We’ll see about that.” He then started walking again.

“That we will,” John muttered. He followed after Robert, noting the various werewolves in the pictures, and even paintings, especially the pair that, basically, founded the Wolfe dynasty – Thomas Wolfe and, especially, Jessabelle Claws. Seems that Jessabelle knew how to convince folks into doing what they want, including getting even the most Feral of humans to crawl down her throat without any issue.



A little while later, the two were in the bathroom. John noticed the toilet. It seemed more complex than the ones that the rooms in the barn had. Those simply had a lever to flush the waste matter, after which, it was then sent into a tank to be turned into fertilizer. This seemed to have more to it.

“How does this work?” he asked. “I imagine that you pull a lever to flush, but it seems that there’s more to it than that.”

“There’s a grinder to work on solid matter, to break up any bones that manage to stay somewhat whole,” said Robert. “Of course, said bones are already damaged by stomach acid, so breaking them up isn’t too tricky. I wouldn’t try it with undamaged bones or anything really large.”

“Useful to know,” said John.

He then watched as Robert went to the medicine cabinet, and got out a painkiller made for humans. The werewolf took a pill out, and passed it to him. That was when John noticed the sleeping pills.

“Trouble sleeping?” he asked.

Robert looked. “It happens at times. Two of those, and I’m able to nod off within an hour or so.”

“What would happen if a human ingested them?” John asked.

“To be honest, you wouldn’t wake up,” said Robert. “You’d be dead in two hours – they are too potent for humans to safely use.”

“I’ll keep that in mind, if I need some help trying to sleep here,” said John. He then took his pill. “How long does it take them to die in your stomach?”

“They tend to die from asphyxiation within thirty minutes,” said Robert. “They seem to die peacefully, most of them, unless you got a hold of a real savage one that was fighting the whole time.”

“I’ll keep that in mind too,” said John, as he wheeled away.

He soon got back to the kitchen. The trio of Meals was in the oven by now. John looked at them, and saw how tired and relaxed they looked. It had to do with the heat – it was a comfortable heat that seemed to induce sleepiness, making them more compliant. As he looked at them, a plan came together for the escape – it was a plan that would involve sacrifice, drugging the Meals-to-be, they then drug the Wolves as they digested, and soon after that, the herd could escape, possibly out the gate itself even.

He looked at Robert, and looked towards where James and Hanna were playing outside with some of the livestock their age. “So, how much longer before they can eat a whole adult human?”

“Oh, a few years,” said Robert. “They got to do some growing. In the meantime, they practice swallowing the young ones, letting them out afterwards of course.”

“Useful to know,” said John.



A while later, John watched as Angus, Jessie, and Thomas were brought out. He could tell that they were still alive.

“Time to eat,” Fred said, as he brought Thomas’s platter over to him. He was about to swallow the gagged, and ill human headfirst, when John cleared his throat.

“Fred, is there anything you want to say to Thomas before you eat him?”

Fred looked, and saw that the wheelchair bound human was messing around with that staff thing of his, which was poking out the back of his wheelchair.

“Um, right,” said Fred. “Thomas, it’s a pleasure to meet you, and a pleasure to eat you. Um, mind rubbing my belly?”

Thomas nodded. He then glanced over at John, and made a slight nod with his head.

John gave a nod of his own.

Fred then swallowed Thomas, headfirst. Within seconds, the ill human had vanished into the guts of the overweight werewolf.

John then watched as Robert and Julia did the same to Angus and Jessie, although those two werewolves each had a bulge in their stomach afterwards. John then started eating his own chicken and steak, as Hanna and James, and Jeffrey started on theirs.



The next day, John sat up on a hill, under a shade tree. It gave in a good view of everything – pasture, barn, house, fence, and of course, the gate. He watched as Fred gave Robert a sack, one marked “Thomas 1489”. They then waddled back to their truck, got in it, started it up, and drove off.

John spat, as he watched Robert walked towards him, waddling to a certain extent, although not as much as he had the prior night.

“You ought to stop spitting so much,” said Robert, as the werewolf sat down beside him. “It’s a filthy habit.”

“I can think of worse ones,” said John.

“So, have you figured out your escape plan?” Robert asked, with a grin.

John chuckled. “I doubt that I’ll ever escape, because of my leg,” he said. “But, know this; I can buy my herd the time that they need to escape. It’s only a matter of time.”

Robert chuckled. “Well, I should eat you, you know, but you have me curious, as to how you plan to do it. Besides, given our situation, and how we met, I think I’ll let you try your plan.”

John looked at Robert. “Are you serious?”

Robert nodded. “I took your freedom to save your life. It would be interesting if you were indeed willing to give your life to secure the herd’s freedom.” The werewolf grinned. “I keep my word.”

“Useful to know,” said John. “That being said, I plan to make it look like Marcus did the deed, and had stolen the herd. So, if he shows up before the law does, tear him to pieces, or something, and when the law does come, you tell them that he’d stolen and butchered the herd, before coming back to brag about it, and had tried to kill you. Shouldn’t be too hard – he carries a blade – make it look like he tried to stab you or something.”

“How do you know he has a blade?” Robert asked.

John grinned. “Yesterday wasn’t my first time to see him. That vampire runs illegal blood production facilities. I know firsthand about those.”

“Useful to know,” said Robert. “I’ll keep what you’ve said in mind.”



Fifteen years later, Robert sat under a familiar tree, his stomach working on breakfast. The place was quiet – due to the lack of human livestock. John had implemented his Grand Escape. Every last human was gone, save what was left of supper, and of course, breakfast. Robert felt a certain amount of sadness as he looked at his guts – John had developed a form of cancer – untreatable, and he’d of been an F-Grade in 6 months. The Feral had decided to die on his own terms, while freeing his herd. He’d times it perfectly – only Robert and Julia were the only ones on the farm besides the herd, as James and Hanna were on their respective honeymoons, and Billy was staying with a friend.

Robert then heard a sound, causing him to look up. He growled, and grabbed a familiar staff. He waddled over, as a certain vampire stepped out of their car, and walked through the open gate.

“Well, Mr. Wolfe,” said Marcus. “I hope that I caught you in a good mood, because I want to buy your property – thirty million for everything – house, barn, land, and of course, your human livestock.”

“I can’t sell you what you’ve stolen,” said Robert.

“What are you talking about?” Marcus asked.

“You’ve been trying to steal my herd for years,” said Robert. “Looks like you’ve succeeded.”

“I didn’t steal your herd,” said Marcus.

“Well, take a good look, because none of them are here,” said Robert. “My Herd Leader told me what you did – that you drugged us, sabotaged the security system, how he tried to stop it, but you hit him hard enough that when I woke up and found him, he was almost dead. Now, you’ve come back to brag about it.” He then hefted the staff. “I’m going to kill you, Marcus, for what you did to him, although I doubt that you’d remember what you did to him, but I’m sure that you’ll remember one of your places burning to the ground, twenty-five years ago.”

Marcus’s eyes widened, as he went for his knife. “How do you know about the fire?”

“Because his father burned the place down, while trying to free him and his mother,” said Robert.

Marcus lunged, stabbing Robert in the chest, specifically, in his heart and lung.

However, that was when Robert’s stomach went into overdrive, and quickly digested John’s body, healing Robert in the process. Robert shoved the vampire, just far enough, so that he only needed to swing the staff once, smashing Marcus’s skull in. He spat on the corpse. “That was for the suffering you gave John.” He then pulled out the knife, and dropped it on the body, his own injury fully healing.

Julia ran out of the house, and looked at the body. “This will cause trouble.”

Robert chuckled, painfully. “Not that much.” He then checked his chest, looking at the tear in his clothes. “He saved my life again.”

“So, tell me, do you think letting the heard escape will be worth it?” Julia asked.

Robert grinned. “Ten billion in insurance is nothing to sneeze at, especially since I just got rid of this nuisance, finally.” He chuckled. “I think I’ll open up a Nature Preserve where the Feral herds can stay at on occasion, especially the Wrangler herd.”

Julia chuckled. “Alright. I suppose it’s worth losing the herd in that case.”

“I still have two more promises to keep,” said Robert. “Helping his Bella get pregnant with his child is one of them.”

“And the other?” Julia asked.

“Naming our next child after him.”

Julia smiled. “That’s the one thing I’ve always loved about you, Robert.” She gave him a kiss.

“Well, let’s go call the law, and report the rustling,” said Robert. “As well as Marcus’s demise.”

Julia chuckled. “Good.”

At this point, Robert’s body made a gurgle he knew quite well. “I’d best drop off what’s left of John’s body. There’s bound to be some good Fertilizer from him.”



Around the same time, John found himself on the top of a familiar hill, under a familiar tree. He saw what looked like the house, and the barn, but there were no fences. The biggest surprise was the number of picnic tables, loaded with food, with a lot of the past livestock, seemingly waiting for him.

“Sorry it isn’t a fire on a hill by a stream, but I doubt you’d turn down a bite of food,” Thomas said, as the now-healthy human walked up to him. “You freed our children, just as you promised.”

John smiled. “I keep my promises. So, what are things like here?”

“Well, it’s alright,” said Angus. “No fences, at any rate. Everyone’s Prime Grade. Everyone’s healthy. Folks reform after a death within twelve hours.”

“What about throwing punches and such?” John asked.

Thomas chuckled nervously. “About that…” He looked towards the house.

At the house, standing surrounded by all the other past Wolfe family members, were the founding pair.

John spat. “It’s time to deal with them.” He walked up to them.

“So, you’re the Feral that has said that he’d bring down my family legacy, and free the Wolfe herd,” Thomas Wolfe said. “There’s still plenty of them here, serving my family. What do you say about that?”

“This!” John decked the werewolf, sending him crashing to the ground. John looked at Jessabelle. There was a look of fear in the female wolf’s eyes. “I was never Tamed. I merely pretended, for fifteen years! Things are going to change around here.” He spat on her dress. He felt something in his hand. He looked, and there was his walking club. He grinned, as he looked at the Wolfes. “So, who else wants to dance?”
© Copyright 2022 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040220