*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040358-October-Watch-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1040358 added November 6, 2022 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
October Watch List
Explainer


Movies

         *Movie* The Bad Guys


Television

         *TV* Abbott Elementary (Season 2)
         *TV* Andor
         *TV* Insecure (Season 1) - DNF
         *TV* The Punisher
         *TV* Reboot (Season 1)



There was a lot of good stuff that I watched this month. Abbott Elementary is great again this season, and Andor was a welcome surprise in a Star Wars franchise piece that isn't about the same usual Skywalker lineage. The Bad Guys was a surprisingly good family heist movie that I will definitely be watching again, and I'm slowly making my way through The Punisher, the last of the Marvel/Netflix shows that I never really got around to watching when it originally aired.

I tried to get into Insecure because I'd heard great things about it, but after two episodes I just don't see myself finishing it anytime soon. Lately I've been really avoiding shows that require a huge investment of time to get into. The same goes for Schitt's Creek and Parks & Recreation which people rave about but most admit it takes a couple of seasons to hit its stride... and I just haven't been feeling like investing the time to watch literal seasons of television before getting to the good stuff. Maybe sometime in the future, but I'm labeling Insecure as a "DNF" because I don't see myself going back to it anytime in the next several months.

Reboot was really funny. It's very "inside baseball" about the entertainment industry, but the performances and the writing are good enough that I think most people would enjoy this behind the scenes look at rebooting a classic sitcom (the show centers on a modern-day remake of a Step by Step / Full House type show from decades ago with the original cast who have all changed since then).


TOP PICK: Reboot (Season 1)

© Copyright 2022 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040358-October-Watch-List