*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
9
10
12
17
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042856-Three-sheets-to-the-wind-236-words-Rated-E
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1042856 added January 9, 2023 at 3:41am
Restrictions: None
Three sheets to the wind. 236 words. Rated E
Have you ever gotten tipsy, inebriated, or drunk? If you remember what happened, tells us about it. If you don't remember, make something up. If you never were, explain why you shouldn't be banned from the Banana Bar.

It’s been many a year now since I got so inebriated I couldn’t remember what happened. I do know times like those are fraught with danger. My husband used to say that after having too much to drink I would flirt. I don’t think I was intentionally flirting, I was probably more unrestrained, you could say. And that, just there, is where the danger lies. Opinions are given when not asked for, inhibitions fly out of the window. People think they can sing like angels, dance like pros and are suddenly the font of all knowledge on any given subject. In fact to the sober eyes amongst the group the drunk person is acting like an absolute fool.
So that is why I stick to a couple of glasses of wine these days. Plus the fact of course now I’m old my body just doesn’t recover the same as it used to. But please don’t ban me from the Banana Bar just yet. I’m pretty good at pouring drinks for others, can wash glasses and can be quite entertaining, even when sober. Can’t remember the punch line to jokes though so I’ll leave the one liners to others.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042856-Three-sheets-to-the-wind-236-words-Rated-E