*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043702-Profiling-Bloggers-Rated-E
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1043702 added January 26, 2023 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
Profiling Bloggers (Rated E)
Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar / Week 4


Owl with signature


Category 2 Prompt: What do you think of using blog prompts to get entries for creating a psychological profile of the blogger?

This is a definition I found on Microsoft Edge with Bing: "A psychological profile is a tool that can help crime investigators by telling them the kind of perpetrator they are seeking. The development of psychological profiling began in the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Behavioral Science Unit during the 1960s in an attempt to understand violent criminal behavior."

Exactly what kind of violent criminal behavior have the bloggers committed?

Research turned up this new word, psychographic. It is the study of personality, values, interests and lifestyles, focusing on interests, activities and opinions. In one descriptive word it equals people mapping.

Are we writing a new mystery story?

I don't watch Criminal Minds, too scary. I just found a new TV show I did not know about called Mindhunter. I bet that's an interesting show. We don't have cable, only antenna free TV.

If this is a serious question, I guess it would be a good idea if it was about an investigative agency that was trying to find out about the habits and personality of a suspect. I also think they would have to have a very good reason for their suspicions about the blogger. Maybe they would have to have systematic evidence that the blogger was involved in criminal activities.

Is this similar to the way countries like the USA, UK, France, Canada, Russia, etc. keep track of the ordinary habits of ordinary citizens for no apparent reason?

As for using blog prompts to gain information how would that work? I've read some pretty wild blogs. If you are like me, you don't believe everything you read. I don't even believe everything, I think. Isn't it the Bible that says actions are stronger than words. I don't always believe the weather forecast until I get confirmation. So, prompts to gain information may or may not alert the perpetrator or cause a riot by not getting truthful answers. Even truth can take a beating for not being accurate. Guess the profiler better be really smart.

I never met up with this particular subject before. It isn't just about psychological profiling. It consists of a lot of other words and their definitions. Other words like Behavior Analyst, Applied Behavior Analysis, Persuasion profiling, and geographic profiling. These are all part of profiling for different types of reasons. Dipping into other people's minds is something the USA will be making laws against sooner or later. Maybe they already have?

As a journalist I should not attempt in one article to explain or get into Indepth reporting about such a large subject. And, as far as ABA I don't believe in Human or Animal experimentation, so the profiler better have a very good reason for attempting to get into someone else's mind without their permission.

all word count on WDC: 493

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043702-Profiling-Bloggers-Rated-E