*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043740-Problems-in-Society-Rated-E
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1043740 added January 27, 2023 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
Problems in Society (Rated E)
Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar


Owl with signature

Category 4 prompt: "What is the most important social problem in society today and how would you recommend toimprove or completely fix it?"

If you surf the internet, you will find twenty to thirty different social problems that are a concern to the public in the USA.

Here is a short list: Terrorist attacks, animal abuse, hate speech, weapons of mass destruction, gun violence, economic inequality, affordable energy (electricity, heating fuels, Wi-Fi, telephone service), race relations, political relations, church relations, unusual weather, there are a lot more. People are being pulled apart with the number of concerns.

I have to say the public has a lot of concern about many problems assailing the country. I'm not aware how many problems are working on the minds of people from countries other than the USA. I believe if I looked up problems in other countries, I would find similar concerns all over the earth.

My answer to the prompt would have to be the mental health of ordinary people who may not know how to prepare or have the money to prepare for the kinds of emergencies that could strike a population at any time.

Nine eleven, pandemic, unusual weather strikes, and shootings of schools and places where people gather, have made the country aware of the possibility of disaster striking anywhere at any time. There is also a deep resistance in the minds of people. They believe the authority figures would be more willing to lie than give aide.

I think it is time for public assurance that they will be able to find help, if it's needed, regardless of monetary situations or other social issues. More people need to pull together or at least see that people are helping each other. Media need to stop trying to scare the public. Media seems to love to play on the superstitious part of society. The ones who were targeted in schools and not given proper education. Now they feel like slaves to their jobs.

I see the movement to pay money out for student loans as one of those types of help. There is 1.75 trillion dollars owed among 48 million borrowers. It is about $412 billion more than auto loan debt. Citizens want to learn. They want their children to learn. If a disaster strikes it will be the knowledge these people learn that will help the country.

Pay scales are another problem. How do you pay volunteer firemen, police who are in danger from gun fire every day, doctors and nurses who now, because of pandemic, know how difficult it is to find help and safety for patients and their own families.

A congress that fights all the time seems strange to some. If you look at history, you will find that the congress is used to fighting for different ideals and ideas. It is easier for the public to know more about the congress on a daily basis, because we have updated news every moment delivered to TV, phones, computers, and tablets.

I expect in any real emergency a local media would be put into place to bring news to whoever is in need. I have no idea how to tell anyone to help others. I think that's part of the problem. Who knows?

All word count on WDC: 551

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043740-Problems-in-Society-Rated-E