*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043915-Who-You-Talkin-To
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1043915 added January 30, 2023 at 8:09pm
Restrictions: None
Who You Talkin To?
I just finished another edition of "Blogging Bliss Newsletter Subscribers and have to say well done to Wordsmitty ✍️ ; the Newsletter is always well-written and enjoyable.

"One of the topics he touched on was changing things up in our blogs. I think that's worth trying, so I'm talking instead of just writing."

"Who ya talking to?" Halo asks.

"Halo, nobody but me knows you."

"So, introduce me, you clown. Are you ashamed of me? Is there some reason you don't want your friends to know about me?"

"No, Halo, I'm not ashamed of you. Why would I be, your terrific, you're always here to tell me what to write, and you a damn fine-looking muse. Even Max likes you."

"Okay, everyone, Halo here is my muse. She's a great muse and has stuck by my side over the years, offering up suggestions and sometimes even telling me where to go, like when I don't listen to her suggestions."

"Hey, TJ, did you forget that time I left you?"

"No Halo, I didn't forget, it was a terrible time for me. But, if you remember correctly, you didn't actually leave me, you wandered off and got lost. Yeah, now it's coming back to you."

"That's right, you were trying to write something but I forget what. I'd likely remember if you had listened to me, but you had to be stubborn and do it yourself. I got bored and went for a walk. But it's not my fault I got lost, you never told me where I was."

"That's right, Halo. I was writing something that I never finished because you wandered off and I could find you when I needed you to help me out. It was right after we first moved here, and you wanted to go explore."

"Yeah, but I never lived in the woods, and it's kind of scary all by my lit' ole' lonesome. I tried to find my way back, but I went the wrong way on those train tracks and then I found a highway that sounded familiar, so I followed it. The next thing I know, I'm at the house you moved out of. I didn't know what to do, so I stayed there and hoped you'd come back."

"I did come back for you. Well for you and some more of our stuff. I was surprised when I pulled up and you came running out of the house. You'd been missing for months, I thought you left me for another writer. I never realized how much you mean to me, Halo."

"Anyway, I think everyone knows I'm your muse now, so let's get to the writing."

"Yeah, I was going to write in my blog, but after all this, it's getting kind of long. I don't want to bore everyone, so mayhaps  we'll do this another time, if that's alright with you, Halo?"

"Sounds good to me, TJ."

Anyway, Halo says it was fun, and enjoyed getting to talk to you. I'm happy 'cuz I got to introduce you to my BMF (Best Muse Friend). Until next time, be kind to your muse.

"TJ?"

"What?"

"Do you think anyone would start a Muse's Day?"

"I don't know. Someone should. Where would we be without you? How 'bouts I post this and you and I can sit and talk about this?"

"Okay."


© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043915-Who-You-Talkin-To