*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044343-Chapter-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Paranormal · #2288000
This house wants to hurt those that Kristin loves.
#1044343 added February 6, 2023 at 9:09am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4
THTW 2023 chp 4

         The next morning Kristin went to the bank. Mitch had it all set up for Kristin to easily be able to switch the accounts from her Aunt's name to her own.
         Outside the bank, Kristin noticed a black Volkswagen bug for sale. She called the phone number and made a deal to buy it as is for cash. Having her own transportation would be more economical and convenient than taking taxis. Kristin got everything legal for the car and headed for Pointe Bluff Manor.

         Mitch drove his custom DeLorean up to Pointe Bluff Manor to meet Darrel.
         "What did you find out?" asked Mitch.
         "The wiring needs some work, there are shorts in places. Standards now require some kind of fire escape. We tossed out most of the furniture. We need to exterminate," said Darrel.
         "It sounds like most of it is minor. I'll get Tyrel up here assess a fire escape. Meanwhile I can give Kristin a rough estimate."
         "Why didn't you tell me she was here?"
         "You didn't ask. She's only been here a couple of days."
         Shawn came in. "There are problems with some of the siding and there are parts of the roof in the yard."
         "The manor has been abandoned since the 80s when Mrs. Shelby bought it. Maybe the boys can find out more."
         "We don't do the past," said Shawn. "Dean and I expertise are in more modern cases."

         As Kristin drove to Pointe Bluff Manor she yawned. The night had been rough, dreaming about the family in her visions. The woman made her feel weak. The girl was wet and cold and had trouble moving. The boy was filled with rage. The man just felt pure evil. The black woman ached all over, especially her private parts. Kristin figured out that in her visions the family was in the manor.
         Kristin pulled up the drive followed by Tyrel's van. He was a formidable figure, an ex-gang member from Detroit. He could curl 200 lbs and was spoiled by Mitch and his wealth. Tyrel was a bouncer at night and was hired as a bodyguard for big shots and celebrities that came through.
         Kristin sat in the car and took a deep breath, slowly letting it out. She got out of the car taking another slow breath.
         "You're looking good, Kristin."
         Kristin hugged Tyrel. "It's good to see you."
         "I told you we didn't need you."
         "Calm down, Darrel," said Mitch. "Mrs. Shelby wants you to work together."
         Shawn came running out of the manor and picked up Kristin, swinging her around in a hug. "We missed you, Krissy," he said.
         "The yards gotten overgrown and there's junk everywhere," said Darrel. "I'll get a start on it."
         "I need to assess the side where the fire escape needs to be," said Mitch.
         "We were about to take a break," said Dean. "You're welcome to join us Kristin."
         "I need to see the inside," said Kristin.
         When she touched the door, she got a vision of a seven yr old boy getting his fingers smashed in the doors. It was not the boy from earlier visions.
         Kristin entered the manor and coughed on the dust in the air. She looked up and saw the two children from her visions standing on the stairway. She felt more than saw the old man standing in front of her. He shoved her backwards against the wall. Kristin brushed herself off.
         "You're not going to scare me that easily," said Kristin. She shook off the residual feelings and went outside.
         "Kids have been daring each other to spend the night here for years. As far as I know, no one has ever stayed all night. There are some great stories of the ones who tried."
         "One boy got his fingers smashed," said Kristin.
         "How do you know?" asked Shawn. "I heard he lost two fingers."
         Darrel was avoiding everyone and, after taking care of some of the yard, he went upstairs. Across the second floor hall there were small bare footprints. At the far end, he saw a yellow dress going up the stairs to the attic.
         "What are you doing here?"
         Darrel ran to find nothing but some old antiques, crates, and other storage. Not even more footprints. Darrel walked slowly back down.
         Mitch and Tyrel stood in the vestibule. "We thought we heard yelling," said Mitch.
         "I thought I saw something."
         Kristin was in the doorway looking up the stairs. "There is going to be more activity."










         

© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044343-Chapter-4