*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044497-Chapter-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Paranormal · #2288000
This house wants to hurt those that Kristin loves.
#1044497 added February 9, 2023 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6
THTW 2023 Chapter 6

         While everyone else was occupied, Kristin went into the manor. She opened the bag she carried at her waist and took out a small bottle of powder. She stood at the bottom of the stairs, closed her eyes, rubbed some powder in her hands, said some words in Greek and Latin, and blew the powder in the air.
         When Kristin opened her eyes, she saw a wispy woman with translucent hair floating before her.
         "you shouldn't do this," said the woman weakly, "You'll make it angry." The image faltered slightly. "Tell everyone to run while they still can."
         The woman's image faded. Kristin clenched the crystals around her neck. There was something else there, she could feel it. Suddenly there were strong hands against Kristin's chest that pushed her back a few steps.
         "You're not going to scare me away."
         Kristin was slapped across the face. She stood her ground. The hands went about her throat, lifting her off the ground. She clenched her necklaces and whispered an incantation. There was a flash of light and Kristin fell to the floor. There was a hard kick to her ribs and maniacal laughter. Kristin gave the ceiling a stern look before stumbling her way outside.
         Kristin got to the porch and fell to her knees. Darrel ran to her side. Everyone gathered around.
         "What the hell happened?" asked Mitch.
         "She just stumbled out of the manor," said Darrel.
         "I'm taking Tyrel inside," said Mitch. "Whoever did this will pay."
         Kristin tried to speak but her throat was sore and dry. She let herself settle into Darrel's arms.
         "Shawn. Dean. Check the grounds in case whoever did this slips past Mitch."
         The two boys simply nodded and were off.
         "What did whoever did this to you look like?" asked Marissa.
         "I didn't get a look. Just felt it. I've never encountered a malevolent spirit of such strength. I'm going to have to consult the books."
         "You're trying to tell me the manor is haunted and a ghost did this to you? Are you out of your mind?" said Marissa. "Now I suppose you're going to tell me how much it's going to cost to 'clean' the manor."
         "Believe what you want. I don't want your money. Just to warn you to be careful."
         "What's going on here," asked Tim.
         "This.......woman............is trying to scare us away. I knew everything was too good to be true. She must want the manor."
         Kristin sighed. Reactions like this were why she didn't like to reveal her curse. Now she was back in Carroll County and had to deal with the ghosts of her past, d
         "Here's my number," said Kristin, "call me if anyone needs anything."
Put in a chapter about the Logans settling down and Mitch discussing with Tim about what he does and coming to work with him.

         When Kristin got back to Cannover House, she stopped just inside and leaned against the door, looking at the ceiling. She had been drawn back in almost from the moment she got back.
         Kristin didn't want to do the research required because it meant going into the study. She went to the big double sliding doors, pushing them open just enough for her to slip inside. She took great care to walk around pentagram on the floor in a clockwise circle to the desk. The desk was piled with books written in her Aunt's hand and other witches, with few that were typewritten. On the walls were mountains more books with a rolling stepladder. All the books were faded or no names on them, but Kristin knew what they were. This was her Aunt's collection of spells, incantations, and material on the supernatural.
         Kristin smiled. She could feel the presence in the room, but it was a different feeling than she encountered in the manor. This was an energetic feeling of something ready and willing to help.
         "Okay," said Kristin. "I need to find out about ghosts."
         A book flipped open on the desk. Another fell off the shelf to her left. Kristin went to read what had opened, but it fell shut. The book from the shelf slid closer to her. A light came on above a chaise lounge near a window. Kristin smiled, picked up the book, and went over to the lounge to read it.
         Kristin had read most of the book, pushing past when her eyes had started to become tired. She set the book on the lounge and went to the kitchen. She put together a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a glass of milk and carried them to her room. She laid across the bed for just a minute, but was so tired she fell asleep without changing clothes or eating. Her blanket moved over her, and her bedside light went out.

                   It was the week after Kristin finished High School. Her headaches and          visions had been happening more frequently and revolved around a specific          house. She had been talking to her Aunt Linda and Linda promised Kristin          that          the reasons for her visions would be revealed. All Kristin knew was that, despite          her Aunt's wishes she was leaving Carroll County in a month to go to college in          New York that had given her a scholarship.
                   Kristin's Aunt drove her to Pointe Bluff Manor. There were many stories          about the old manor and even Kristin had once been dared to break in. Kristin          had brushed off the dare, saying it was a childish game. Now her Aunt brought          her right up to the large oak doors and produced a key.
                   "You need to clear your mind, Kristin. You can deal with whatever is here."
                   Linda opened the doors and a rush of warm air enveloped Kristin          accompanied by a bright red light. It yanked Kristin inside and slammed her          Aunt out.

         Kristin woke in her bed screaming. She felt like she had been violated all over again, the same she had that day in the manor. The only other thing she knew about that day was that, when her Aunt finally got inside, she was found curled up in a ball in the attic, with her clothes torn and deep scratches on her body. She still had some of the scars. Her Aunt had kept trying to get her to go back to the manor but she wouldn't have it. She left for New York two weeks early and hadn't looked back.
Kristin went back to the study and read more of the texts. Going to a church about the spirits at the manor was never even considered. Kristin had seen too many church cleansings go horribly wrong, and there were too many hoops to jump through to get a sanctioned exorcism. She also dismissed the notion of bringing in other spiritualists. Marissa Logan would believe Kristin worse than whatever is haunting the manor if she were to start parading Shamans, Mediums, and Witchdoctors through her home.
         Kristin's phone rang and she felt a sense of dread.
         "Darrel what is it?"
         "Mr. Logan has asked if both of us could come back to the manor. Something has happened."

         "I'll meet you there."


© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044497-Chapter-6