*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044582-Dinner-time
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1044582 added February 10, 2023 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Dinner time
https://www.writing.com/main/redirect?htime=1676088227&hkey=69e6605b77e807d9dc60...

This image took me straight back to a vacation in Vietnam. The wet markets there are a sight to behold. My husband and I watched in amazement at the assortment of strange fish, crabs, and other types of sea food, and as both vendors and the customers bartered, aiming for a price which seems fair and equitable to everyone.
I took many photos that day of ancient women crouched next to their wares and I wish I could find the photograph I’m thinking of. It was of a vat of eels crammed in together, their tiny eyes and mouths just above the water, seemingly the poor creatures were gasping for air.

There are so many stories we remind ourselves of when we reminisce about the trip. One in particular stands out in my memory and somehow the event has taken on a bit of a family catch cry. My husband is a vegetarian and he approached a street vendor who was selling baguettes from her stall. The French connection is quite strong and baguettes are sold everywhere. This particular vendor was a very old lady and when John asked her for a baguette without meat, just some salad and tomato she simply refused to sell him one.
The words, “No meat, no baguette,” is often repeated in our home when someone is getting a bit picky with meals. 😂

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044582-Dinner-time