*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044654-About-Damn-Time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1044654 added February 12, 2023 at 2:38am
Restrictions: None
About Damn Time
         Soundtrack of Your Life Logo

| Day 6 |





"About Damn Time"
by Lizzo


I had briefly heard of Lizzo in late 2020 and early 2021 when her album Cuz I Love You released a "deluxe" and then "super deluxe" version with the songs "Truth Hurts" and "Good As Hell" respectively. The former was the first song I heard from her and I kind of liked it but didn't really think anything of it, but then the latter became a huge self-empowerment anthem and I've been a fan of hers ever since. She just radiates confidence and a sense of humor in her work, and I really enjoy her whole persona and abilities as an artist.

"About Damn Time" caught everyone's attention in a major way when it became the song behind a TikTok dance trend shortly after it was released in April of last year. You can find literally hundreds of compilations of different people on social media dancing to the chorus of this song. And if you watch the music video for this song, you'll see her play the flute at around the three-minute mark, which is one of my other favorite things about Lizzo this past year... when she played President James Madison's crystal flute (made in 1813 for his second inauguration) at a concert and some people absolutely lost their minds. Most of those people didn't realize that Lizzo is actually a classically trained flutist and the offer to let her play was made by the head of the Library of Congress herself after previously inviting Lizzo to tour the Library's 1,700-instrument collection of flutes a few days earlier.

Although not all of Lizzo's songs appeal to me, I do love her message and I'm always excited to see the music she comes up with next.

© Copyright 2023 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044654-About-Damn-Time