*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045542-Shape-Shifting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1045542 added February 26, 2023 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
Shape Shifting
         Soundtrack of Your Life Logo

| Day 20 |





"Shape Shifting"
by Taylor Acorn


I've been listening to Taylor Acorn's covers of other songs for years. She does a great cover of John Mayer's "Your Body Is A Wonderland" with David Ryan, and her cover of the Matchbox 20 song "Unwell" is solid too. Most of the covers she does are acoustic or slowed-down renditions of popular songs, including Panic! At The Disco's "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" and Blink-182's "First Date." She's definitely an artist worth checking out if you like covers of popular songs.

She also occasionally releases her own music, and this one of the singles she released last year. I really like the lyrics; and the sound is kind of a throwback to the alternative rock that I listened while I was growing up. She's actually released a number of singles toward the end of last year and in the early weeks of this year; I kind of wonder if she's getting ready to compile them all into an EP or something.

© Copyright 2023 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045542-Shape-Shifting