*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046081-Chapter-17
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Paranormal · #2288000
This house wants to hurt those that Kristin loves.
#1046081 added March 8, 2023 at 9:13am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 17
THTW 2023 Chapter 17
         "I felt that," said Darrel. "Whatever it was, it wasn't happy to leave."
         "There must be a conduit that the entity from the manor is using."
         "A what?"
         "A conduit. A pathway that is connecting the manor to the rest of the county. It can't reach Cannover House so it must be a magical conduit. Something that is part of the manor."
         "I guess we got to break this conduit then."
         "To do that we have to find out what it is; we have to get back in the manor. There is another distinct possibility. It could have attached itself to a person."
         "Wouldn't that person know?"
         "We're talking about a strong entity here. It could just hitch a ride with them. It could even be jumping from person to person. That would weaken it though."
         Kristin rummaged through her art supplies. She got a can of red paint. She set those on the desk and looked for a large stick and gathered some reeds and dried grass. She attached the grass to the bottom of the stick making a besom or witch's
         Kristin used the besom to virtually sweep out the garage, visualizing that she was clearing away residual energies and bad vibes. She took the red paint and drew a pentagram on the floor. She decorated the pentagram with runes and sigils, also placing them around the walls of the garage. Kristin took crystals, candles, herbs, and other tools out of the cabinets and arranged them on the desk.
         "I guess this will have to work for an altar for now," said Kristin.
         Kristin started reading a protection spell. Darrel stood at the entrance watching Kristin silently.
         Kristin read the spell three times then rang a bell three times.
         "That should protect the garage from any disturbances." Kristin stretched and yawned. "That spell took a bit out of me. What do you say we take a break and get something to eat?"
         "Sounds good to me."
         Kristin and Darrel walked arm in arm to her car.



© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046081-Chapter-17