*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046410-Where-do-you-write-Ultimate-Productivity-Part-1
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2289399
Here you'll get lots of tips, motivation and experience to finally write your novel
#1046410 added March 15, 2023 at 9:08am
Restrictions: None
Where do you write? Ultimate Productivity, Part 1
Today I want to address an important but often overlooked topic: where you write.

We all write. Some write grocery lists, some write poetry, some write short stories, and some write novels.
(We won't get into those who just write grocery lists 😉 but we, the novelists, especially.)

Many of us probably write at a desk.

I admit, a comfortable desk chair and a neat desk are great for that.

But what if...
... you procrastinate a lot at your desk?
... you work slower than you did a month ago (and not because of illness or worry)?
... your mind is always somewhere else when you write at your desk?

I can tell you what to do: Change your place.

There are two types of "place":
a plastic place, e.g. your desk
A non-plastic place, such as your word processor.

The first thing you should do is change the second kind of place.

Instead of writing in Word, try writing in Google Docs (copy+paste saves lives here) and try writing at writer.bighugelabs.com.

You'll see, you can break records with a location change that doesn't even require you to move 🥳!

Now, of course, you can change the location of the sculpture.

And this is your homework: by the next blog post, write in at least five different plastic places and at least three different non-plastic places.

For example, I suggest your bed, kitchen table, park bench, bus/train/train stop, and/or carpet as plastic places.

The non-plastic places can be: a voice recorder of your choice, your favorite writing program (e.g. Word or Scrivener), Google Docs, writer.bighugelabs.com, and/or a piece of paper (hopefully it won't be just one 😉 ).

Have fun experimenting and increasing your productivity!

© Copyright 2023 Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog (UN: idaschreibt357 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046410-Where-do-you-write-Ultimate-Productivity-Part-1