*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047183-I-think-its-a-train
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1047183 added March 30, 2023 at 3:50pm
Restrictions: None
I think it's a train!
Yesterday I blited that things were looking better and I may have more time and fewer interruptions. I also titled it "A light At The End Of The Tunnel, Or A Train?" because I was a bit skeptical. Rightfully so!

When my wife got home from work she informed me that orders are down and she had today and tomorrow off. So much for peace and quiet...

But, the company is also talking lay-offs and has asked for volunteers to take lay-off status for April. In doing this, the company will continue to provide all benefits, but if not enough people volunteer, they will shut down for the month, and as is the standard lay-off policy, no benefits.

So, we discussed it and she is in the office volunteering to take April off, then she will file for unemployment and be around for the next month. Now, with two puppies, the added help is great, but with me liking my quiet and alone time, it's also going to be trying. Even so, I held an optimistic view that it will work out in the end.

Just moments ago, I got a call from the high school and was told my younger teen has been busted for vaping. It's still undetermined if she will be suspended, pending her discussion with school personnel and the local police, and there will be consequences here at home.

If today is a preview of the days ahead, I can see that it's going to be difficult to spend a lot of time in WdC and I may have to write off any writing until my wife goes back to work.

So, was it the light at the end of the tunnel, or is a freight train coming my way?

For now, I have to run, my wife is watching puppies and I can hear a consistent string of no's disrupting my blite...

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047183-I-think-its-a-train