*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047374-3rd-week-of-180-Udon-to-Missoula
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1047374 added April 10, 2023 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
3rd week of 180: Udon to Missoula
9.เมษายน.2566

but i'm a birdie, and the next hansa is oh-four-thirty, wake up and sing along with me... written at 04:09.

It's 04:09 and I put water on to boil as I'm awake, puzzled by a wakening-dream of escaping troops and hiding under the wharves.

In Thailand it's a hot red-day. In Montana it's a cold false-spring.

I wonder how long it will take for my body to adjust to this time zone. Since the passage of time is divided by artificial human constructs, perhaps I'm merely passing into timelessness. How long one is dead is irrelevant to the Dead.

Does Time matter to the Dying?

04:18

Almost time-to-sing.


The term “Hansang” means “a table full of food to welcome guests or gather family for festivities.

What is the meaning of Hagsaeng? 학생 • (haksaeng) (counter 명(名), hanja 學生) student, scholar, school pupil.

Online discussion comment I made re Islam, Arabic and the Qur'an: "Gregory Garecki: How many folks in Iceland know the Icelandic from 1000 years ago? Most. Yes, the language has changed but having a well educated population has kept it fairly close to the original. Even oral traditions can survive for hundreds if not thousands of years. Regardless, classical Arabic is still taught, as it has been for over 1000 years. The Islamic World was educated at a time Europe wasn't. Education, even reading Sacred Texts, was limited. And English? Didn't exist. It evolved from multiple sources. The KJV actually helped stabilize the language, as did Shakespeare; but, English continues to evolve.

Regardless, some religious people are nitpickers and ignore the larger picture. For me, spirituality trumps dogma."

There came a reckoning
to the days
as the Sun exposed them
for what they had done;
and to the boy
shivering in the shadows
afraid of who he would become. [14]

Responded to "Entry #1 of the April 2023 Contest

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/teens-have-proven-the-pythagorean-theo...

Tumultuous week... almost over. Having trouble getting back into this time zone.

8.เมษายน.2566

Got money, checked balance. Went to post office and picked up bank statement.

I have enough to get a long-term visa in Thailand.

I checked one-way flights.

I ate rice with raisins and an Asiago bagel with cream-cheese.

To Steve: "All stories should be recorded. Perhaps elicit his thoughts about the threat of combat. That fear can color a person's life. It affected mine. I lost 5 years being on the cutting block then graduated to a recession that when it was over I was faced with the reality that only veterans were being hired... combat or no combat. I was frozen out of a job because 99 wasn't a high enough score.

Absolutely boring except for years of anxiety and depression."

To Brian: "I braved 90 degree heat (one day of 102) to come back to a pleasant 50 and snow on the mountains. Snow can be a wonderful inspiration. Hunger and heat? That too but I'll take the Snow-copolypse."

A Steven prompt: "Happy Celebration of the Awakening Moon"

I hung out in Butterfly Herbs. I saw Lundy and Nancy, spoke to John and Terra, and Gwen. Ran into Hobie on the way back.

I visited Travis and now have internet again.

It's now 01:34 and I'm tired but awake. This isn't good.

7.เมษายน.2566

A day that lasted over 30 hours. 1 am fight from BKK. 8 am walk to the lounge in ICN to snooze for 9 hours. 5 pm. 10 hours flight to SEA that crossed the imaginary line where Tonight becomes Morning again. Noon-ish in SEA for a 3 hour 'break'; flight delayed. 6 pm in MSO. Ride cancelled. Ran to the bus. Walked home from the station, arrived after 7 pm.

6.เมษายน.2566

Very bad bad day of tears. Thanks to Max, Rob and Ped.
5.เมษายน.2566

Pannya and me go to Wat Arun.

4.เมษายน.2566

Long hot train ride to Krungthep (Bangkok). Hard to find the connections to/through Mochit to Rechathewit. Pannya unhappy and tired, and hungry (as always).

3.เมษายน.2566

I made reservations at Pinto.

I wanted to change flight but it's too complicated for my pea-brain. Pannya sleeps. There's too much to do today and I need his help.

I may pack light.

7.182

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047374-3rd-week-of-180-Udon-to-Missoula