*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047572-Return-to-Sender
by OOT™
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1909913
A place to keep my personal thoughts.
#1047572 added April 5, 2023 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Return to Sender!
Prompt: Is "snail mail" still necessary (excluding packages), and why? When was the last time you wrote a paper-and-pen/pencil letter and mailed it (not postcard)?

Yes, yes, yes! Snail mail is crucial for me, and I mail dozens of letters each week. In fact, I mailed several letters today. Let me clarify. I can't remember the last time I wrote or mailed a personal letter. I pay all of my bills online, and I don't even have one postage stamp in my home. But snail mail is a must in my business. I'm an attorney, and I often find myself wishing I practiced law before emails and texts became such an integral part of the profession.

I write (type) letters to clients to memorialize discussions we have had, to send them documents filed in their cases, and to advise them of dates and times of hearings they must attend. I rarely email clients, because of confidentiality concerns. If a client emails me with questions or concerns, I usually send an email back giving them a time to call my office for a discussion. I think having a copy of a letter I've sent to a client to his or her correct mailing address is better proof of contact than pulling a printout of an email from my file, sent to an email address like "hotgirl92@whatever.com" or "crazydave@whatever.com".

Very few clients have my cell number. I've made the mistake of calling a client from my cell only to have them start texting me constantly and even calling me after midnight. However, other attorney do have my number, and it's unreal how much time I spend each day sending and responding to business texts. While emailing and texting are much more convenient and cheaper, I ultimately prefer communicating with clients by sending snail mail or with calls from my office landline.


OOT animated kitten sig

© Copyright 2023 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047572-Return-to-Sender