*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049964-7-templates-for-satisfying-bookends
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2289399
Here you'll get lots of tips, motivation and experience to finally write your novel
#1049964 added June 3, 2023 at 4:47am
Restrictions: None
7 templates for satisfying bookends
Writing a book is difficult. Three things are most difficult: a suitable beginning, an exciting, interesting middle during which you don't give up on the project ... and a satisfying ending!

You can end a book in three ways - with action (e.g. a kiss), dialogue or something spoken (e.g. "I promise. And this time I'll keep my promise. I promise.") or narration.

In this article I have explored and compiled some of the Narration bookends. You can change them, adapt them and use them!

#1: "But as you can imagine, we never got bored!"
Suitable for: Children's books
To note: Only use this ending if the reader has been addressed as "you" at least twice.

#2: "Together. Forever."
Suitable for: Romance, YA
To note: This ending is a little cheesy - but extremely effective! If there are further volumes, you really ✨ need to ✨ shipp the couple there (at least at the beginning of the next volume)!

#3: "Suddenly I stop [insert something the character does throughout the book (e.g. missing someone)]"
Suitable for: YA, romance, books with strong interpersonal relationships.
To note: The character must actually do the used frequently in the book!

#4: "I don't pay attention to them because ... / I don't pay attention to them. I am far too absorbed in ..."
Suitable for: daydreaming characters or those who have just had a dream fulfilled, found love or received a gift
To note: Please do not use without context and substitution for the points!

OTHER HELPFUL ARTICLES:
- "Write what you know — settings
- "How to create the perfect plot (6 steps + helpful links)
- "The ultimate list to stay motivated, part II

#5: "And what better way than [character's plans for the future]?"
Suitable for: Children's books, book series
Note: the character must have had these plans for some time (even if it's the last three pages).

#6: "[Something] is lost forever."
Suitable for: sad endings, YA, book series
To note: the ending can also be happy if you follow it with a sentence that goes something like this or something like this: "But it wasn't the end / But I still had [a beloved person/thing]."

#7: "Somehow it's love at first sight. / Somehow it had been love at first sight."
Suitable for: Children's and young adult books without a love focus, book series.
To note: It can also be used as a reflection of what happened!

If you liked this article, don't forget to like it.
If you fan me, you will be informed about new blog articles. You will also get a digital template - e.g. with the index card outline method.

Write on,
Evie

© Copyright 2023 Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog (UN: idaschreibt357 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049964-7-templates-for-satisfying-bookends