*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050086-WITHOUT-FAITH-IT-IS-IMPOSSIBLE-TO-PLEASE-GOD--Hebrews-116
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#1050086 added May 25, 2023 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD Hebrews 11:6

         THIS IS IMPORTANT:

         God calls an unbelieving generation, "wicked." (See Acts 2:40.)

         (See Numbers 13:25-14:10.) God commanded Moses to send twelve Israelite spies (one from each tribe) on a reconnaissance mission into the land of Canaan... a land flowing with milk and honey (the promised land according to Genesis 12:7). After searching throughout the land for forty days, ten of the twelve (contrary to God's promise) said the people of the land were giants and the Israelites were grasshoppers in comparison---influencing the entire nation of Israel to believe the people currently living in the land of Canaan were too strong to overcome.

         Only Joshua and Caleb (of the twelve spies) believed God and were confident the Israelites could take the land and gave a good report, in agreement with God, proclaiming this truth to the people of Israel.

         However, the people of Israel believed the bad report of the ten, refusing to believe the good report of Joshua and Caleb, even threatening to stone them. Because of unbelief, God caused them to wander in the wilderness for forty years---until that wicked generation passed away. Of the former generation, only Joshua and Caleb lived to enter into the promised land. The entire wicked generation passed away due to unbelief.

         When we do not believe/trust in God, He calls our hearts "evil/wicked." (See Hebrews 3:12.)

         Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. -James 4:8

READ, STUDY, AND MEDITATE ON HIS WORD! HIS WORD IS LIFE TO US!

         Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. (See Romans 10:17.) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. (See Hebrews, chapter 11, verses 1-6. In fact, read and study the whole chapter of Hebrews 11, known as the faith chapter by those who love God. Also, read Isaiah chapter 53, where we are foretold by Isaiah, the prophet, of Jesus and what He would suffer for us.

         In the book of John, chapter 1, we learn In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word (Jesus) was God. Jesus is the propitiation for our sin. Our part is to believe Him and accept the sin-debt He paid for us by sacrificing Himself, the humility of being beaten, spit upon, dying on a cross in our stead.

         Only by faith---when we put all trust and hope in Jesus---do we allow Him to bless us with His Holy Spirit and keep us in perfect peace. He has given each of us "free will." The right to choose life (Jesus) or death, eternal hell and punishment---where the worm dieth not. We must continually turn everything over to Him---entrust Him with all our lives and all our cares---day-by-day, moment-by-moment. Jesus tells us, His yoke is easy and His burden is light. (See Matthew 11:28-30.)

         God loves you and wants to bless you.






© Copyright 2023 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050086-WITHOUT-FAITH-IT-IS-IMPOSSIBLE-TO-PLEASE-GOD--Hebrews-116