*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115768-Change-in-my-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#115768 added July 10, 2001 at 9:02pm
Restrictions: None
Change in my life????


I am reading a great book by Becky Tirabassi. It is called LET PRAYER CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I already pray a great deal and am even on the prayer chain with my church. However, as I have shared with my friends and family at church, I find I do not make time to be with my Lord. I just kind of give him the left over time! I know he wants more from me! I feel him calling me in so many ways. Yes, I have quiet times of reading my Bible and praying but it is just not consistent! Becky, in her book changed her life by making a commitment to pray one hour a day! I think that is awesome! I am thinking of doing something like that but I don't know if an hour is how long I need! Maybe 30 min? I know that the Lord works in my life through prayer! I can not tell you how many times I have had my prayers answered! Sometimes he works in my life without me even realizing he is! Just like today! I woke up and the first thing that popped in my head was that I need to call and get an eye doctor appointment while it is still summer and my schedule allows it! Now I haven't been in a year and a half and it is getting time for me to change my contact prescription. Well then as I amm thinking about this I think, "I need to call but I just don't have time really....but I need to go...maybe I need to call!" Well then I kind of forgot about it> I kid you not, within 3 min. the phone rang and it was the eye doctor's office calling to schedule an appointment! Some may call that just a conincidence! But I know it is answered prayer. I have prayed for the Lord to help me in my time management and organization as well as my health> I know he was helping me out here! Sometimes it is the smaller answers to prayer that really make me a bigger believer than when God answers bigger request! For example. I can not tell you how many times I have lost my keys and looked and looked for them. Only in desparation would I fall to my knees and ask the Lord to help me find my keys. Every time he would lead me right to my keys! It has happened once when I was stranded at school for two hours and twice at home! I told a friend about it one time and she could not find her eyeglasses. I told her to pray! She went home and prayed! Her glasses had been lost for three days! Once she prayed, she walked right over to them (hidden under newspaper) Prayer works but I think having the right relationship with God is the key to answered prayer!!!!
© Copyright 2001 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115768-Change-in-my-life