*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/119897-Emergency-Room
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#119897 added August 11, 2001 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Emergency Room!!


On Friday, my Mother-in-law had my kids go out to her home to spend the night. I enjoyed a nice afternoon to myself. I went by my work and got my paycheck and then shopping. When I got home, my husband and I spent some quality time together and then went out to eat. Before we left my Mom in law had called and said that my youngest son had been bitten on the elbow by something and it looked really bad. She worried it might be a spider bite and he being only 3 years old and such a frail thing at that, she had looked up the warning signals to look for if it was a poisonous spider or whatever kind of insect bite.
Well that was around 4 that he got bit. But then 12 hours later in the early morning, we get a call that he is throwing up ( a warning sign) and felt like he had a fever. I tried calling his Doctor's answering service but they did not answer. We go 30 miles to get him from grandmother's and took him on to the emergency room. Kind of felt foolish when we got there, as he had quit vomiting and actually looked OK. I was only an ant bite that he is allergic to. THe histamine in his body was making him throw up.
He is fine today. Just so glad it was not a bad allergic reaction. His brother had prayed for him while we were at hospital. He had been restless in his sleep until he prayed. Then he fell asleep peacefully feeling like God would take care of his brother. When he awoke, he asked his grandmother how his brother was and she told him that he was OK. My son then said, " That's good-- another answered prayer!" He is only 7 and said that. I am so proud of him going to God for help.
© Copyright 2001 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/119897-Emergency-Room