*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131487-Smoking-Idols
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#131487 added November 3, 2001 at 3:17am
Restrictions: None
Smoking Idols
I join a religious cult. We build this huge hollow sandstone idol with gargoyle heads. Someone lights a big charcoal fire inside the idol, then we start throwing armloads of fresh cannabis weed onto the coals. We all stand around the idol, breathing in the smoke that drifts out of the gargoyle mouths.

We decide to build a stream to flow across the grounds in front of our idol, thinking it would be a nice peaceful thing to have. The property next to ours is uphill from us, and has a big pool of water behind a white plastic wall. We dig a channel for our stream, leading it from the plastic wall, across our property, then downhill towards a large nearby river.

A man in our group takes a pickaxe and punctures the base of the plastic wall. Water flows out and fills the channel, our stream works perfectly. But the plastic wall begins to bulge, it has been weakened where the hole was punched. Soon the wall collapses, and water floods our property. The water is no longer fresh and clear. Now it is polluted with trash and sewage, and it flows into the main river. We all feel bad for causing this to happen.

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131487-Smoking-Idols