*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131492-Parable-of-Four-Women
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#131492 added November 3, 2001 at 3:25am
Restrictions: None
Parable of Four Women
I'm working as a pipe fitter for a large industrial plumbing company. We install huge water pumps that are hoisted up by helicopter and installed on top of buildings. We are based out of Sydney, but we also have branches in Auckland and Los Angeles.

I stop at a bar after work to have a beer. There are three single women standing at the bar. A voice tells me that the women I will meet tonight all represent a specific attribute. My challenge is to discover what each woman represents, and choose the right one as my ally.

I spend a short time talking with the women, and I'm able to discover who they are. One is Truth, one is Beauty, and one is Intelligence. Although Beauty is more sensual and physically attractive, I decide to choose Intelligence, thinking this would be the "correct answer" to the challenge.

As I am leaving the bar with her, a fourth woman appears behind me, taps me on the shoulder: "You chose too hastily, you didn't even notice me."

"What do you represent?" I ask her.

"Integrity." she replies, and starts to fade away before me.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask.

"You may find me by analyzing the data." she says, as she vanishes.

I spend hours searching through pages of data on a computer screen. I find bits and pieces, possible leads of where she might be, but none of them prove true, and in the end I cannot find her.

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131492-Parable-of-Four-Women