*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131792-Three-Ball-Players
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#131792 added November 5, 2001 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Three Ball Players
I'm standing in the middle of a vacant lot. The ground is mostly hardpan dirt with some weeds and dead grass, the type of place where kids might play sandlot baseball. The are two other guys with me, one is a foreigner, I think he's an Israeli.

We are here for a competition, but we have to decide what game to play. I want to play volleyball; there is a net at one end of the lot. The Israeli wants to play soccer. The third guy is undecided at first, then the Israeli convinces him to vote for soccer also. I'm not happy with this.

We set up a triangular field with three goals, then begin to play. It is soon obvious that the competition is between the Israeli and me, the third man can neither score nor defend his goal. He soon quits and stays on the sideline, cheering us on and retrieving balls kicked out of bounds.

The game is very intense. Although I'm able to block some shots, and actually manage to score a couple goals early on, my strength is starting to fade. The Israeli scores and gains the lead. He’s younger and in much better shape than me. I don’t think I’m going to win this game.

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131792-Three-Ball-Players