*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131800-Hotel-with-an-Ocean-View
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#131800 added November 5, 2001 at 12:39am
Restrictions: None
Hotel with an Ocean View
My car is in the shop, and I have to get to a hotel across town. I’m staying there with my wife and son. I’m hitching rides and it’s taking a while. One ride drops me off near a convenience store. I stop in and buy a sandwich and a can of beer. I sit down at a picnic table next to the store to eat. I notice that the sun is low in the sky, I’d better hurry if I want to get to the hotel before dark.

I get a ride to the bottom of the hill just as it is getting dark. I walk up, meet Viv and Nick in front of the hotel. Everyone it outside setting off fireworks. I have a bag of them with me. Nick and I climb up the side of the hill to launch the fireworks, Viv stays on the sidewalk below to watch. The rockets fly high out over the ocean, an excellent display.

In the morning, the three of us are out on the large second floor porch of the hotel, sitting at a table eating breakfast. One side of the porch overlooks the ocean; I look over the edge. It seems like it might be possible to dive off the railing of the porch to the ocean, about eighty feet below, but I’m not sure if I would be able to clear the rocks on the way down. I tell Viv about my idea; she and Nick come over to watch. I climb up and stand on the railing.

I spit towards the ocean below, which is green with algae and slime. I see that my spit has cleared the rocks and made it to the water. I should be able to jump successfully. I stand there, trying to decide if this is something I really want to do.

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131800-Hotel-with-an-Ocean-View