*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/138804-Hit-Man
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#138804 added December 18, 2001 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
Hit Man

I’m a hit man, working for the Mob. I just got a contract to take out two leaders of a rival crime family. I have the photos, and home and work addresses of my intended victims. I’m in my hotel room studying the information, trying to figure out the best time and place to hit them. I’ll probably shadow them for a while first.

I use a high-powered rifle with a scope; it takes special ammunition. I don’t want to buy the shells anywhere nearby; they might be able to trace the purchase. I know a place upstate, out in the country, where they sell a lot of ammo to deer hunters. I decide it’s the best place to go, no one will know me there.

When I get to the hunting supply shop, there is a sign in the window: “Closed for Lunch”. I’m hungry, so I decide to stop at a nearby tavern and have lunch myself.

As I’m eating, a couple of guys I used to work with recognize me from across the bar and approach. They tell me they're up here on a hunting trip. I try to act nonchalant, tell them I work in the city now: insurance sales. They invite me to a party someone is having at a hunting lodge later on, but I decline. I tell them I’m just passing through, gotta get back to work.

As I leave the tavern I try to decide: should I still buy the shells out here? If anyone comes around asking questions, these guys are gonna say they saw me. I probably ought to look for someplace else to get the ammo for this job.

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/138804-Hit-Man