*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/140861-Will-it-Snow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#140861 added January 1, 2002 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Will it Snow?


I am like a kid again. At least that all my family keeps telling me. I am so excited that we may get some snow.
I live in the Southeast USA and it rarely snows here. And if it does it is only a trace of snow on the ground. Well tonight and tommorrow they say we could get up to 4 inches. I am so excited. However there is a chance that my area may just get the ice and slush and not the good white stuff.
When I was little and in the first grade my mom sent me off to first grade. Little did she know that a snow storm was on the way.. I remember standing at the window of my classroom watching the snow accumlate on the ground and it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Well we ended up getting over three or four feet of snow. In fact, by the time we got home from a long bus journey, we had several inches on the ground. I remember calling my cousins who lived in Atlata and often got a few flakes of the white stuff their way. Well this time we got the snow and they didn't . They could not believe it and drove down to play in our snow.
Since then it has snowed on the average of five or six times. Many of those times it wasn't enough to brag about.
Snow down here isn't the same as snow in other parts of the country. We are not prepared for snow and it basically closes the city down when we get even a hint of it.
Well I am supposed to go back to work (teaching) on Thursday. I already know that there is a slim chance that i will be in the classroom for even if we do not get snow, we will get ice and that is even worse .
I am dreaming of snowfights and snowmen with my boys. I pray that this time tommorrow I will see some good old snow. And A LOT OF IT!!!
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/140861-Will-it-Snow