*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/155742
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#155742 added October 17, 2002 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Uh, #1?
Nothing in Ken's life was ever right. Nothing. The second he was born it all went wrong. His mom died because of him, and his being smarter than her. Oh what a gift he had, the gift of hurting other people. What the hell was he doing anyway?

Standing in the middle of a party, now he remembered. He was waiting for his dad to come back with more illegal disks, what a pleasant thought. More work in the name of sensless violence. Hell, why was he standing in the middle of a party, looking like he acualy wanted to be there?

Oh. He did want to be there. As much as Ken hated people, it was better than being all alone. Besides, it wasn't as if someone was going to come up to him or anything, no one ever did, and Ken was thankful. He didn't want anyone to know him, because then they'd die or something, unless they were just as perverted as Yamoto. They would be going to hell, but not before they dragged Ken down with them.

The music sucked too. It was blasting Ken's ears out, and he was standing as far away from the speakers as he could. God this sucked, but it was better than his cramped little room and its little metal chair and wall of computers that demanded all of Ken's attention.

Everyone was dancing. The music had gotten a bit slower, and a few couples were trying to make a love song out of it. Blegh. Ken knew too much about people to suffer the belief that he'd love. They'd just die or leave some other way. Everyone was pairing up or shuffling into a group, and Ken, as usual, was begining to find himself in a little barren hole.

Well, it was about time he got something to eat anyway.

There was just a little table for snacks, but Ken didn't care. Most of the time he lived on snacks, literaly, and he tried not to look suspicious as he shoveled as much food onto a plate as he could without it toppling over.

Ken plopped into a seat and looked over his catch. Pretzles, chips, cookies, and a few of those fruity things speared with little toothpicks. More of the same, but oh well, Ken was hungry.

The food started dissapearing and Ken watched the dance floor as he shoveled cookies into his mouth as slowly as he could muster. The music had gotten faster, and louder, again, but a lot of people stayed with their couples, dancing wildly.
Ken never could dance, not that he ever had much of an oppourtunity. The plate was empty in no time, and Ken walked back into the crowd, his father would probably kill him if he started sticking out.

He was just standing there, bobing his head to the music and trying not to make a complete ass of himself, when this girl stumbled over. She sort of just collapsed in his arms, maybe in a faint attempt at a hug?

She looked drunk, and her breath smelled like punch when she looked up.

"Why helooooooo here. Who'ur you?"

She was pretty too, those eyes were a sparkling green, and her black hair was in a ponytail that threatened to break out from the band that held it and spill out all over the place.

"Uh, I'm....uh....uh.."

He was, uh....uh....somone...

God, what a genious he was, he couldn't even remember his own name!

"Oooooh, you're druunk too huh?"

"Um...I...I..yeah.."

"Cool. Wanna sit down? M'heads killin' me."

"Uh, sure.."

Ken led the mystery girl to a seat and sat down beside her. Suddenly, he had a very strange urge for his father to come by and get him out of this situation. To make matters worse, the girl's head slid off the chair and onto Ken's shoulder.

Great. He was sitting all alone, with drunk girl on his shoulder, (who looked realy pretty sleeping by the way) and he was waiting for something that most definitly would not be coming to him by legal means. Yes, nothing in Ken's life was ever good. Just then, the song changed, and Linkin Park started blasting out of the speakers. It was all noise, and Ken was getting the biggest headache of his life.

The girl on his shoulder started mumbling the lyrics, which was extremely weird seeing as she still looked sound asleep. Ken decided to chance it and poked her in the shoulder. She opened her eyes; they were still a bit cloudy from all of the punch she had knocked back, but they were beautiful. Ken suddenly forgot what he was about to say.

"Helloooo."

"Um, hi.."

"What was yur name again?"

"Uh, Ken."

"Helloooo Kenny."

"Hi..."

Behind those pretty eyes and that pretty hair, Ken could make out the outline of his father coming up.

"Um, uh, I have to go."

"Oh...kay...night.."

The girl wrapped her arms around him, and before Ken knew it, she was kissing him, and then she was done. His dad kept on getting closser, and this girl was wrapped around him, staring at him as best she could in her alchohol induced state.

"See ya Kenny."

A bit clumsily, she got up and wobbled back into the crowd. Just in time too, Ken's dad was already right there.

"What was that about?"

"I don't know..."

"Well, I hope you don't get any ideas, she's American."

"Yeah, I know."

"Good." With that, Ken's father handed him a disk and walked away.

Ken stared at it. For a second he had this wild notion of throwing it away, but he didn't want to think about what that would mean to his overall well being. Sighing, he got up and started walking to his little one room apartment.
Nothing in Ken's life was ever right.
© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/155742