*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/164912-Things-Feel-Different-Now
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #135312
Who are we? Where are we going? Should we even care?
#164912 added May 4, 2002 at 5:43pm
Restrictions: None
Things Feel Different Now
It's funny how when I walk down the street or watch TV or read a book, it all feels like it should be different. Maybe it's the books I read or the shows I watch, but nothing I see seems real.

I suppose it has to do with the talks I've had with my girlfriend. Reading about some of the ideas she talks about, mostly about living in the moment and existenialism, doesn't have the same impact that it has when you actually talk about it.

I mean, the only reason I think that I exist and that other things exist is because I want to beleive that things have a purpose. What's the point of living if none if it exists? That's why I'm interested in why the universe is, why it started and where it's headed. I want to know Why or at least understand why I can't know "Why?".

But, yet, it doesn't seem too far to imagine that I might be imagining everything. Or that there's more to life than just our senses. It seems perfectly reasonable to think that the mind could exist without a body if it were powerful enough.

I explaind my theories to her and she replied that other life that we don't know about (ie, spirits) might still exist forever regardless of matter and energy. I'm not one to denounce anyone's beliefs. In fact, I'm open to anything, really. And like I said, it doesn't seem to far a streatch of the imagination to beleive in ghosts or spirits. But the question is, are spirits alive? Can they reproduce or interact with one another? And are they created from matter or energy that can be based in physics? The final question is, if they do exist, would they eventually decay, regardless of what they were made of?

The point of the entire entry is that I feel tired of this place. This reality. Frankly, I don't really understand how anyone can stand it. Well, most people have their goals and dreams and they have no idea that they don't amount to anything except temporary happiness. Hell, I've gotten responses to this journal from people complaining about how they need their dreams just to stay sane and survive in this world. So what did I do? I woke them up and disturbed them from their pleasent little world. I hope that at least some of what I write is the elusive truth. I mean, the truth (if I do have any) isn't always pretty or comfortable, anyone knows that, but a lot of people go out of their way to ignore it. It's practially doublethink. So if I caused someone to think differently about the way they live or caused them to look inside themselves and find something they didn't like, then all the better for the world.

I think I've written enough for now, even though I might have missed my original point a bit.

"I can't imagine a God who would care."
"Every moment we are alive is a moment that we have cheated Death."
Myself
Please read my journal "Late Night Philosophy

© Copyright 2002 SyntheticGod (UN: synthetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SyntheticGod has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/164912-Things-Feel-Different-Now