*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/177927-I-need-some-ratings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#177927 added July 6, 2002 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
I need some ratings!!!


O.K. so I have almost 300 views, so I know I am getting read! But only 8 ratings. I haven't had any new ratings in quite a while. SO if you are reading my journal or anything else in my port., let me know what you think. If I suck, I want to know. If I am average, let me know. If I am great (which I doubt) I wanna know that too..

So I have been having these weird dreams. Good but strange as it is me reliving parts of my childhood. It is almost as my subconious has tapped into a part of my brain that has been laying low for many years. And I dream this stuff and when I wake up I remember it from my childhood. And it feels great too. The latest was I went in my Dad's old homeplace. This is what we call the homeplace. Now let me explain. It is this huge home that is across the road from my parents. When my grandparents lived there it was a grand home on a farm. It was well kept and all. AFter they died my aunt and uncle lived in it and I was a child. I would go over and play with one of my second cousins a lot. Well now thirty years later this house is falling apart. One of my cousins lives in it. He is a bachelor and just doesn't keep the place up. The home belongs to his sister who lives out of town and she hardly comes home anymore. I think she is ashamed because when she sees it I know she feels guilty about not spending money on it. But now she is getting a divorce and can't afford to.
Well I haven't been inside the home in a few years but in my dream I dreamed that I went over to see my cousin and he wasn't home. So I decided to go on in and wait. Well everything looks about the same and I go through the kitchen and see three loaves of bread and then I start having flashbacks in my dream. This is the part that is true but I was dreaming it. I remember going in my aunts room and playing with her make-up and being told not to do so. I remember the doors and windows were always open and it was such a wonderful feeling. I remember the old dogs walking across the floors and hearing their nails click. I remember playing office in the dark study that had lots of papers and books in it. I remember playing in the living room with the 1950's encyclpedia which were outdated in my eyes as I was born later. I remember all the furniture. Anyway, I relived a lot of my childhood in this dream and it was so real.
Then that night my husband and I watched Vanilla Sky which is a dream movie that I can't even explain. But afterwards it was strange the way it made me feel. Like I said to my husband, "Is this real or am I dreaming you?" I knew I was alive and awake but that movie does make you think strange. So even though I was annoyed at the movie because it was so weird, it was good because afterwards you are creeped out about dreams.
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/177927-I-need-some-ratings