*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/184068-Love-Lost
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#184068 added August 11, 2002 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
Love Lost
I'm back in my old home town. I'm divorced, staying at my folks house while looking for a place of my own. A friend tells me that he's seen Mariah, an old girlfriend of mine, recently. She's divorced now too, and living in an old farmhouse up in Winchester with her daughter. He tells me she's been asking about me, and he gives me her address.

I hitch a ride to Winchester with this trucker, since my car is broken down. He drops me off at the end of the tunnel at the edge of town. (You have to walk about a mile through this dirt tunnel to get to her house.)

I get to her place, but she's not home. I walk around back and see she's got a small swimming pool. It's really dirty, though. So I drain out the water and start cleaning it. I end up falling in, and get all muddy. I've got it all cleaned up, and I'm filling it up with clean water, when this girl about twelve years old walks into the yard. She asks me what I'm doing there, and I ask her to go get her mother.

Mariah comes out and asks me what I'm doing. I tell her I just stopped by to visit, and since she wasn't home I cleaned her pool for her while I was waiting. "So, you're a pool boy now?" she asks me, facetiously.

"Among other things... I'm a handyman, " I reply. Then I ask her if she's seeing anyone.

"Not seriously," she replies. Then she looks at me and says "It's been a long time..." We find ourselves drawn to each other...

We kiss, but there's nothing there.... no spark at all, it's like kissing my sister.

We back away from each other. I tell her I have to leave, and she tells me to stop by again sometime. I agree, but we both know it will never happen.

© Copyright 2002 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/184068-Love-Lost