*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/191931-Hoep-abounds
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #459487
This is not for the faint-hearted!
#191931 added September 11, 2002 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Hoep abounds
         It's been quite some time since I wrote in this journal, and I don't really think anyone is reading this but I would just like to write anyway. There's been so much going on in the past few days that I can't believe that things still remain the same.
         Firstly, I met a guy by the name of poeticbear. He's a very nice guy, reminds me of a big, Papa-bear type, you know, the ones that enfolds you in their love and accepts you for what you are. He reminds me of my boyfriend, minus the real-life hugging, kisses and love. Thank you, poeticbear, for being the Big Brother I never had.
         Only after I came to Stories.com did I realise what I had been missing all my life. There has been precious little people who would review my work without telling me that it's nice or that it's like an anime (when I was first starting out) and that I shouldn't be writing as there's no money to be made in writing. I wonder how much they're kicking themselves now :)
         Thank you to all those who reviewed my work, gave me friendly warnings that my ratings may have been a bit mild, and just helped me along the way. I could never thank you guys enough.
         My assignments are over and I can take a Quick break. I also need to finish one more, but that one's okay.
         September 11 was probably one of the worst days of my life. The horrors of the attacks were not felt in disbelief as many people in America think, as most of us thought it was merely something the Propaganda Arm of the US had cooked up. The horror was even worse when we realised that America was going to go ahead with the bombing.
         I'm a citizen in a Muslim-majority country. No, I don't like in Indonesia, but I live in the neighbouring country, Malaysia. Many of us were shocked and horrified and as details emerged, many found it hard not to cry at the CRIMINAL waste of lives.
         I'm a paranoid girl, and I have to admit, that I first thought that it was just a move by Bush to keep him in power. Now I have an even worse theory, but I hope you guys won't flame me. It is merely the talk of a girl who has seen too much to remain innocent.
         Bush had warning and didn't do anything about it for 2 reasons. One, he, like all of us, didn't believe it. Two, it helped him mobilise support for subsequent strikes, Take your pick. I know it doesn't make sense, but look at it politically and maybe it will.

God keep us all

© Copyright 2002 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/191931-Hoep-abounds