*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/199570
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
#199570 added October 17, 2002 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
What a Bomb!
There realy was nothing worse in the world than knowing you were going to die. At least if it was a suprise you don't have work yourself into a panic attack before anything happened. Ken realy wished he didn't always get so nervous, it always got him into trouble.

Like now. Instead of thinking of some brilliant plan to escape, he was sulking on a bed, trying to calculate how long he had to live. How pitiful he was, only did something when it hurt others, and could never lift a finger to help himself.

There was a rap the bars of his cell, and the same cop that had thrown him in beckoned him out.

"Some girls here to see you."

Ken didn't think that stupid girl could get any dumber, but here she was, proving him wrong again. He let the policeman lead him to a little room, where the girl and her friend sat waiting. Tina gave the cop a pouty smile and sent him away smirking.

"Hi there Kenny. Glad to see us, aren't you?"

"And why would I be glad?"

"Because we're here to save your ass!"

The girl had obviously watched one too many cop movies.

"And how the hell do you expect to do that?"

The two girls jumped, and Ken relized he had put a dent in the metal chain in front of him. He mumbled an apology and went to looking at the floor, the way he always did. This whole going to die thing was grinding his nerves.

When it looked like he had calmed down, Tina started talking again.

"Well, there's this thing called bail, and all you've got to do is pay it, and ta da! You're a free man!"

"Bail? How much was it?"

"Nothing my credit couldn't handle."

"You used a credit card?"

Tina and her friend jumped again and Ken forced his grip to relax on the chair. "You used a credit card?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"No, they'll just know even more about you now, and they'll know that you bailed me out."

"They?"

This girl was way to curious for her own good.

"Yes...they."

"Do you mind explaining?"

"No."

When the silence had proven Ken's point, Tina sighed and got up. Her friend followed.

"We'll talk about it later. Right now, let's get out of this place, it smells like pot."

Ken decided not to continue the argument, and left the jail sulking behind them.

They were only half a block away from the jail when it burst into a brilliant ball of flames, knocking all three to the ground and raining bits of brick and glass all over them.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **



© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/199570