*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/208944-Cool-night-air-in-a-car
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#208944 added November 25, 2002 at 9:43pm
Restrictions: None
Cool night air in a car


I think a good author is one that can describe things in life that you would not think about but when you read the way they write it and tell about it, you think--- yeah, I know that feeling or that experience. THe thing is how to put the right words on paper to make the reader feel it. I think Laura Ingalls did that well in her children books. I can remember reading a about winter on a hot summer day and really be feeling the cold.
It has been cool lately and I keep getting into the car and these memories come back to me. They are just little no nonesense things but memories and feelings that would make a good part of a book sometime. O.K. I know I am rambling. But think about this. You go out to the car at night after a movie and you get in the car and it is so cold. The seats are cold and your teeth are chattering. How do you describe that? What kind of feelings or memories does it conjure up in your mind? I think about all the nights of dating and my husband taking me home and me freezing until the heater kicked in. Or going parking and the car getting cold after a while.
Now how about those times as a kid and your Mom goes into a store and you stay in the car with your siblings. I know I did this as a child ( before the world became too insane to leave a child in the car) and esp. as a teenager. Pretty soon on a cool day or evening, the seats start cooling off as you are waiting and you are thinking that your mom is never going to come out of that store. I can also remember being on long trips and laying down on a cool seat and sleeping to the hum of the motor. The other day I was walking out of Walmart and saw some kids waiting in the car and these memories ---sweet memories came flowing back. I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to just be able to sit back and wait like that again. Now my life is so hectic that I don't have time to sit and wait for anyone or anything. I guess I long for that carefree attitude I had long ago. Sitting in a cold car!

My parents still live in the house I grew up. It is a farm. As soon as I turn onto their dirt road which is the farm, I get these childhood feelings of security and contentment. I remember rambling through the woods and pastures. My son is like that. I think next week when I have some time off, I am going to take him hiking around the farm. I haven't been on some of that acerage in ages. I think I need a good dose of some country living. It will be good for my emotional state and physical state and my writing.
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/208944-Cool-night-air-in-a-car