*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/212963-Why-say-no
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #577667
things I have learned along the way
#212963 added December 11, 2002 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
Why say no
There's a pet peeve I have that probably seems silly to most. It evolved from a disorder I call the disease to please. There was a time when I couldn't say no to anything anyone would ask of me no matter if I really wanted to do it or not. I was too worried that people wouldn't like me or think I wasn't nice. I have discovered that many people's definition of nice is someone who never says no. Boy should you have the nerve to say no suddenly you are the bitch and who does she think she is. When I say no to a request that should be the only reason I need to give. A person who will spend pecious time and effort to get you to change your mind doesn't really care that they have over stepped your boundries. They just want to control you and get what they can get for themselves. The reason for saying no can be as simple as I just don't want to and as important as I already have a commitment to something else. Whether I give you the reason or not is totally my discretion. This may make me sound selfish but it's not. My friends and family know I will do anything for them and that I am generous with my time, friendship, and assistance. Besides who needs friends who have no concern as to how their one sidedness can suck you dry of any niceness you could harbor. A real friend would accept no and would realize that a yes will soon come along. After all they say you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please everyone all of the time.

© Copyright 2002 red lady (UN: cayennepep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
red lady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/212963-Why-say-no