*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215268-Dream-Sequence--9-19-02
Rated: 13+ · Book · Adult · #593290
My folder of not too popular shorts changed to a journal.
#215268 added December 23, 2002 at 6:39pm
Restrictions: None
Dream Sequence 9-19-02
A story I wrote for an English assignment in high school.


I stretched and turned off the television. It was four past midnight and I was very sleepy. I tiredly climbed the stairs. It had been a long day. I had finished my homework early and decided to watch the two horror flicks in a row. They were even commercial free. Although I don't believe in ghosts and goblins, I gaot a chill as I neared my door. As I slowly opened the door, a green light radiated from my room. I peered around the door and sighed with much relief to discover that the street lamp outside my window was the source of the light. I closed my door as silently as possible considering the fact that my parents were sleeping. I walked over to my window. It was open. "I don't remember opening my window when I came home from school today." I whispered. "Oh well, I guess mom did it." I slowly ambled toward my bed. Suddenly, a hand grabbed my ankle! I jumped back and screamed. It released me immediately. Rushing over to my light switch, I quickly flipped it on. I stared at the floor in disbelief. I had screamed over a harmless piece of twisted plastic. "Time to clean this pig pen." I mumbled. I was about to laugh in spite of myself when the thought hit me. My parents were asleep down the hall and I had screamed. I slowly opened my door and what I saw made me scream again. The hall light turned on and my mom was standing in front of my door. I released another sigh of relief and tried to retreat back into my room. Then my mom started to rag me out. I closed my bedroom door on her face and she continued to yell through the door. Finally, I heard Al's voice telling us to be quiet. I turned my light off and headed to bed. My eyes slowly got heavy and I was soon fast asleep. That' when I had this dream...
Driving down the road, I came upon a baseball cap lying in the center of the road. My cousin collects baseball caps so I decided to stop and get it. As I crossed out into the middle of the street, a car honked at me. Ignoring the loud racket, I quickly picked up the cap and headed back to my car. As soon as I reached my car I decided to read what the cap said. It had a picture of a 1947 red convertable on it and it said 'Life In The Fast Lane'. I laughed in spite of myself and got into my car. I turned the key but nothing happened. Popping my hood, I pulled my keys out of the ignition angrily, ripping my purple parachute keyring in the process. Sighing, I went and checked the battery. Not wanting to get all greasy, I got back into my car to look for a screwdriver but all I could find was a pair of scissors. I carefully, yet very firmly, hit the battery with the scissors. I looked up as I closed the hood and saw a sparrow flying overhead. Getting back in my car, I drove to my cousin's house and gave her the cap. Two days later, I found out she didn't like it so she threw it away.
I slowly opened my eyes. My room was once again radiated with that errie green light. Blinking against the harshness of the light, I rose from my bed. I quickly approached my open window. A shiver ran up my spine. Swallowing my renewed fear, I reached up to close my window when I heard a snicker. I quickly closed my blinds. I looked around but the green light still filled my room. Smiling to keep myself from screaming, I quickly ran to my door. I turned the handle but the door wouldn't budge. Spinning around, I glanced nervously around my room. Feeling rather stupid, I giggled. "How completely foolish I am." I said, nervously. "There are no such things as goblins and ghosts." I was about to head back to bed when I heard a strange voice say, "Don't be to sure, dear." I glanced in the direction of the voice and saw the left side of my room completely filled with little ugly...goblins? No. It can't be! No! They slowly approached me. I turned back to my door and tried to open it again. No such luck. In panic, I faced them. "This is just a dream." I told myself as they surrounded me. "I'll wake up in a minute." As they carried me off into their dark hole in the ground, I soon realized that it wasn't just a dream.

THE END

© Copyright 2002 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215268-Dream-Sequence--9-19-02