*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215269-Shadows-And-Light-Chapter-I-circa--9-19-02
Rated: 13+ · Book · Adult · #593290
My folder of not too popular shorts changed to a journal.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#215269 added December 23, 2002 at 6:40pm
Restrictions: None
Shadows And Light Chapter I circa 9-19-02
A story I started but the ideas are slow in arriving.


“Do you deny that you love him?”
“No.” She said, as she stared down at her hands.
“Then you admit that you have taken your fate into your owns hands by loving someone of your own choosing?”
“Yes.” She straightened her back.
“Then you have chosen to love someone above your station in life. You speak of treason.”
“I do.” She whispered, as though saying so at her wedding to the man in question.
“I will put you in the dungeon until we can decide what to do with you.”
“So be it.”

Meg Anne sat in the dark cell, shivering to ward off the cold. She sat on the cold stone floor absolutely refusing to sit in the stale, urine soiled straw. She ran a hand through her long auburn hair and tried not to cry.
“This is definitely not how I imagined this day.” Came a little voice to her right.
“No one told you to come along.” Meg Anne replied bitterly.
“Really? Like I could just leave you.” The little fairy flew down and landed on her knee, emanating a soft yellow glow. “That was dangerous.”
“Love is a dangerous thing.” Meg Anne said, trying to sound poetic.
“Not that. Admitting love was foolish. Defying the king was pathetic. Getting us locked up in here was dangerous.” The fairy flitted her wings in anger.
“Leave then!” Meg Anne said as she swiped at the fairy. It fluttered off and then flew right back.
“Stop being stupid. What if they had discovered the truth about you?” The fairy asked.
“Stop it, Lorna, I don’t care.” Meg Anne said softly.
“I do though. And so does your father. If they had discovered the truth.” Lorna crossed her arms.
“But they didn’t.” Meg Anne replied.
“But if they had.” Lorna pressed.
“But they didn’t.” Meg Anne insisted. “Now let me sleep.”
Meg Anne curled up on the cold floor and drifted off to sleep. It was bad enough, Lorna mused, that she was posing as a servant in love with the prince but if they had discovered her true identity.
Meg Anne, the princess of Silverdawn, leader of the elves. She was worth her weight in gold. Lorna shook her head. In the dark silence of the dungeon, Lorna performed her magic. The guards found an empty cell the next morning.

Meg Anne woke to sunshine. She rolled over and felt warmth and smelt fresh grass. She didn’t open her eyes for she knew what would greet her.
“Lorna, you didn’t.” She said.
“I did.” Came the voice.
“He’s going to hate me.” Meg Anne sounded pathetic even to herself.
“So? He’s a human prince and you are an immortal elf. I checked. It wouldn’t work.” Lorna said sarcastically.
“What would a annoying little gnat like you know about love?” Meg Anne asked viciously.
“Enough to follow Prince Ryker through the palace and discover you were under a spell by Mirdler, the king’s magician. You do not love Ryker. You are entranced.” Lorna said smugly.
“Shut up, sprite!” Meg Anne growled as she opened her eyes. She took in the tall trees and the green grass. “We are miles from Silverdawn.” Meg Anne whined.
“You are spoiled. The walking will do you good. Help the spell to wear off.” Lorna replied.
“Sure.” Meg Anne stood and felt lightheaded. She glared at the pixie. “You removed my disguise!” She accused.
“You don’t need it here.” Lorna said as she took in Meg Anne’s long wavy red hair, sparkling green eyes and pointy elf ears. “You look better this way.”
“Says you.” Meg Anne grumbled.
“Save it. When we encounter your father you will need your wits about you.” Lorna said as they began the long journey to Silverdawn.
“Oh, no! I forgot about running away. He’s going to kill me.” Meg Anne frowned.
“As long as Ravyn doesn’t find you first.” Lorna chimed in.
“The wedding! I’ve really stepped in it this time!” Meg Anne had skipped out on her own wedding and now every elf would be furious. Looked like her only ally was an annoying little pest of a fairy named Lorna.

© Copyright 2002 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215269-Shadows-And-Light-Chapter-I-circa--9-19-02