*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/220466-I-thought-they-knew-everything
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#220466 added January 13, 2003 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
I thought they knew everything!!!!


Isn't it funny how you look up to your parents? At least I always have. I had a good childhood and still continue to have a great relationship even though I am 37...they are 68 and 72,,,which sure seems young now as I am older. Anyway, My parents are my best friends besides my husband. I call and check on them everyday and share a lot with them. When I go home...I feel like a child. No they treat me like an adult. But I feel more like my authenic self comes out. I can relax and chill out just as I did as a child . I seek their advice. I listen to them. IT is an adult relationship but is is kind of like a parent thing still too. Well lately, my bubble has been burst. I am starting to feel like our roles are reversing in the last few years. Like when my Dad was real sick in the hospital and it was me who talked to the Doctor. THat was weird. And there have been alot of little things. But tonight I was visiting and it really hit me as I was fussing at my Dad as a mother would his son. My Dad received a couple of letters from two different classmates from over 55 years ago. I couldn't believe he hasn't written or e-mailed back. I was fussing at him that he better write a letter tonight. It was almost comical as my Dad grinned at me. Then I was talking to my MOm about the possiblity of war. As we talked I realized she had a lot of misconceptions about what is happenening. I won't go into that but I have had that feeling before with her when we talked politically but felt maybe I was not being fair as I do have my strong beliefs and she is entitled to hers even if they didn't seem right to me. But this war thing ...she is really mixed up about it. I have often seem my Dad smile at me when we get into debates (Mom and me) like he knows she is thinking different but she is so bull headed and he just stays quiet and keeps his thoughts to himself after so many years of trying to explain that she is wrong. I can hear her arguing a point now and not knowing what she is talking about even though she thinks she does.
So it makes me wonder--- has she always been like this and I always took every thing she said like it was written in stone? Or is she just starting to get on up in years and not up on things. It is an interesting point to ponder.
© Copyright 2003 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/220466-I-thought-they-knew-everything