*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233698-Santana
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #459487
This is not for the faint-hearted!
#233698 added March 24, 2003 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Santana
         I wonder how many people have seen Santana's new music video, "NOthing at all." I point it out because the music is absolutely haunting! At one hand, you have a scene full of people and obvious activity. In fact, the music seems to suggest lots of movement, but not to the extent of his work with Michelle Branch. HOwever, the one thing I felt when listening to this song was loneliness.
         Let me describe it. I felt as though I was alone, a feeling of solitude and emptiness. Yet this emptiness was not something discernible. I just felt it. I felt like crying as well, because there was nothing the person in the song could do to redeem himself. It was just unbelievably sad.

          Having had time to watch the music video again, I realized that somehow, the director has managed to evoke a sense of being shut off from people. The performers, not the man in the story itself, feels as though they are cut off from the rest of humanity, that they are standing on their own, despite being surrounded by people. What do you think?

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233698-Santana