*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233992-I-believe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#233992 added March 25, 2003 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
I believe
I believe that unless you have lived in a Democracy type government, you can not truly understand the psy of its people.
The majority of the world's population live under some type of regime or other government that if they were to speak their rights-- they would be punished. A stronger opponinent is there to speak up and squash the beliefs of others.
In America there is a mix of people. We do each have issues but we are not afraid to speak them. We respect each other enough to be able to conflict yet not let any one group be a sole dictater. The strongest can speak but they don't opress the weak like in some countries.
Many people in many countries have always been repressed by some stronger force. If they speak up- sometimes it can be death.
People say we should stay out of the War effort and let the Iraq people take care of themselves. BUT these people are unable to take control from military stronghold that their regime has them under. They live under Fear.
Americans see that. U.N. had time to step in. They say we break international law. Maybe so- but what kind of organization can sit back and let innocent people be tortued under a regime. And let a man be a threat to all mankind if given the time.
Let's be honest here. America is strong. Many counties see a stronger force as something to be feared because they have always been oppressed by the stronger. They think a stronger force will go in and take advantage and take over. Others see the stronger force as a force to be envious of. They ridcule us .
Americans are inbreeded with a fight to the righteous. If that means dying for the cause-- we will do it. That my friend is why so many soldiers go in knowing they may die. THey fight for the freedom of all. Many have heard of past atrophies in history. They don't want another.
My own family lost loved ones in every war. Yes it was a sacrifice. I am afraid many People can not understand why a strong nation would go in knowing they are making sacrifices of money, time, lives and who knows what else at this time. What could they want out of the war? I feel sorry if no one has ever lived the life we have lived where we know what it is like to be free. Truly free! If only all could know that kind of freedom and to see the price we are willing to make sure all have that opportunity not be under an awful regime that they are unable to get away from---- then maybe they would understand.
© Copyright 2003 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233992-I-believe