*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235765-Sunday-Sunshine-and-Sonshine
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#235765 added September 21, 2006 at 8:07am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Sunshine and Sonshine
After my pity party yesterday, God knew I needed some reminders of how much He loves me. I love the way God works.

I forgot that the clocks were supposed to be changed last night or early this morning. I forgot that I was losing an hour of sleep last night, that it was time to "spring forward." Thankfully, the computer remembered to adjust its own time. That’s what reminded me. (I knew that I didn’t spend an hour getting my first cup of coffee ready!)

With the time change, I wasn’t sure if I’d have the time to watch any TV preachers. I don’t always watch TV preachers on Sunday. I do always spend time in God’s word and in prayer. And when my knee is cooperating, I attend my own church. But sometimes I watch TV preachers too.

I’m glad I took the time to watch this morning. My time alone with God had been good. Yes, I did sit on my front porch. This morning, a different neighborhood cat showed up to sit with me. It jumped on my lap and purred so loudly, that I just had to chuckle. That cat was content to just be sitting on someone’s lap. It also was content to watch the birds with me, although I knew that as soon as I made the cat get down, she would try chasing those birds. It reminded me of the times my former dog, Spike, used to sit with me in the mornings. (Except he didn’t purr like this!)

Then when I came inside, I turned on the TV, a bit in conflict about whether or not I should take the time. Kenneth Copeland was speaking about a prayer Jesus prayed in John 17:1-25. In that prayer, Jesus confirmed that God loved each of us as much as He loved Jesus. I think I needed reminded of that today, this week.

Before I could turn the TV off, the next preacher appeared. Joel Osteen, of Lakewood Church in Houston talked today about how special we are, how unique. And he reminded his congregation and the TV audience that God sees us as the victors not the victims. Instead of focusing on our weaknesses, we must focus on God, so we can fulfill the purposes for which He created us. I didn’t write down the many verses that TV preacher used in his sermon. I was just glad I had tuned in this morning. I needed that reminder.

Yesterday, I had quite a pity party. The party is over. I’ve placed those cares with God.

Oh, I’m certainly of the mindset that we often have to "put feet to our prayers." If others are wary about hiring me because of my knee, then I’ll just have to earn my money another way. I’ve earned money writing for years – just not a living wage, but what I’ve considered "extra money." Perhaps it’s time to get more serious about that.

God has given me many gifts that I need to use. I’m glad I was reminded of that this morning. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13.

© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235765-Sunday-Sunshine-and-Sonshine