*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236048-Granma-in-hospital
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #459487
This is not for the faint-hearted!
#236048 added April 7, 2003 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
Granma in hospital
In case anyone is reading this, my grandmother was admitted into the hospital early this morning (7/8am Malaysian time) This was the very same woman who fed and clothed me (literally) when I was much younger.

It has often been said that filiality is the sign of a loyal child, of a person who keeps their words and do not forget where they came from. I, for one, can testify to that. Being a filial child in this day and age is often associated with being conservative. I disgress.

While I may be angry at my parents and in some cases, 'talk back' to them, I find that I try to make my grandmother feel at ease as much as I can. The saying, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world," should be amended to, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the child's world."

I would not be here, writing this entry if I did not believe that. In Asia, particularly among Chinese families, filiality is something that is not to be taken lightly. You never know what might happen in the future. All you can do is to plan for what might happen.

Don't be captivated by anything. Live life for the people you love. And when they're gone, Live it for yourself.

Vanity of vanities. Kill the Buddha as you meet him, kill the father as you meet him. Don't be captivated by anyone, just live your life the way you are.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236048-Granma-in-hospital